Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I don't know what type of politics Ferrier has so wouldn't have had her at the top of the list for defection, perhaps you predicted this elsewhere? 

Is Derek McKay likely to join, I thought he was a proper SNP man. 

I don’t know her politics particularly, but it’s more that she’s much too toxic to be let back into the SNP, and will undoubtedly be out on her arse come the next election. If she can sneak in on Alba’s list, she’s set for a while.

Id be amazed if Derek McKay joins, because I’d be amazed if he wants to stay in frontline politics at the minute.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t know her politics particularly, but it’s more that she’s much too toxic to be let back into the SNP, and will undoubtedly be out on her arse come the next election. If she can sneak in on Alba’s list, she’s set for a while.

Id be amazed if Derek McKay joins, because I’d be amazed if he wants to stay in frontline politics at the minute.

Yeah that's a fair point, absolutley shameful from her but it makes sense. 

Aye same here. I think if you supported the SNP you'd want the bad eggs to defect but some of their politics probably don't line up. That would be far too easy. 

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Wasn’t Derek MacKay the rising star of the SNP until he was outed as liking schoolboys? There was talk of him being the next First Minister.

If he rocks up at Alba, they are fucked.

I don't think he was seen as the heir apparent but in the infrequent conversations about who could succeed Sturgeon he was usually mentioned.  I very much doubt that he'll rock up to Alba, although considering they have welcomed a convicted perjurer in Sheridan and have another recent convict Craig Murray running I guess he might.  

It's also worth mentioning that the SNP were so concerned about Derek Mackay's behaviour that they banned him from drinking at party conferences.  Also, when the story of him sending numerous messages to a 16 year old boy came out the SNP Chief Whip, Patrick Grady, is alleged to have defended Mackay by telling colleagues that he was entitled to a private life and that the boy was over the age of consent.  Grady has since been accused of several instances of sexual harrassment himself and is no longer the SNPs chief whip.

I do think that while the SNP seem to have dealt very badly with some of these complaints and others that there's a general problem in politics with this behaviour.  Political conferences are, from what I hear, rife with drunken groping and sordid shenanagins, across the spectrum of politics.  I think Billy Connolly said once that politics is showbusiness for ugly people and there's a lot of socially awkward, slightly odd people involved in politics.  Add authority and power relationships and a large quantity of alcohol and you have a bad mix.  I'm sure individual circumstances are also a factor in each case, of course.

37 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I don't know what type of politics Ferrier has so wouldn't have had her at the top of the list for defection, perhaps you predicted this elsewhere? 

Ferrier seems to be big with the Catholics.

Did she not have some kind of prayer fest at her local church after her misdemeanour, or maybe that was to confess her sins?

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Scenes ? Wholly predictable more like. Alba is beginning to look like a Hoover for the SNP. Sucking all the fringe elements and tarnished goods into a one big holding pen seems like nothing but a positive to me.

Who next, Derek McKay, Sillars ???

They can take the creationist fuckwit Mason.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

What is it that interests you? 

You've left the context out that you log on in the morning and check my profile, use all your red dots in one go on anything I've posted throughout the day. The implication you think I am anti vax or racist is the most unsurprising idiotic part.

Why are you lying about checking your profile every day? I give red dots to poor content, green dots to good content. Seems like you must be posting a lot of poor content. 

You, on the other hand, didn't like a clear anti-racist sentiment. Says a lot about you tbh but like I said, wholly unsurprising. 

Just now, JMDP said:

Why are you lying about checking your profile every day? I give red dots to poor content, green dots to good content. Seems like you must be posting a lot of poor content. 

You, on the other hand, didn't like a clear anti-racist sentiment. Says a lot about you tbh but like I said, wholly unsurprising. 

Ah right so you've been searching my name then so it wouldn't show up as a profile visit, a technicality but still pretty pathetic. It's blatant because I get 20 notifications in a row at the same time all in different areas of the forum. 

It's cute you get a little dopamine hit from me but I do find it rather odd tbqh. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

Ah right so you've been searching my name then so it wouldn't show up as a profile visit, a technicality but still pretty pathetic. It's blatant because I get 20 notifications in a row at the same time all in different areas of the forum. 

It's cute you get a little dopamine hit from me but I do find it rather odd tbqh. 

I don't want to take this off topic for your attention seeking. So you've lied about profile visits, made up some other wee story now.  

All to deflect that you clearly dislike anti-racist sentiment. Absolutely no surprise. Just own it instead of deflecting. 

Please refrain from taking this off topic now. 

4 minutes ago, JMDP said:

I don't want to take this off topic for your attention seeking. So you've lied about profile visits, made up some other wee story now.  

All to deflect that you clearly dislike anti-racist sentiment. Absolutely no surprise. Just own it instead of deflecting. 

Please refrain from taking this off topic now. 

Made up a wee story? Perhaps you can explain how you efficiently downvote about 20 posts at once so quickly if you were merely stumbling across them? 

It's not to deflect it's to explain why I down voted it, I down vote your posts when I see them because you go out of your way to seek my posts to downvote.. 

Own your obsession. 

Edited by Stormzy

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Made up a wee story? Perhaps you can explain how you efficiently downvote about 20 posts at once so quickly if you were merely stumbling across them? 

It's not to deflect it's to explain why I down voted it, I down vote your posts when I see them because you go out of your way to seek my posts to downvote.. 

Own your obsession. 

I asked you not to take it off topic cos it is pretty boring. I'll explain one last time: I read the forum. I see posts that I like, I give a green dot. I see posts I dislike, red dot. You have a lot of terrible posts clearly, so you have received a lot of red dots. They also clearly get right under your skin, which is weird as they are coloured circles on a football forum.

Now, you also clearly don't like anti-racist sentiment. This marks you out as not just a terrible poster but someone with deeply unpleasant views, which is unsurprising. 

I've no idea what is a viable route but I'd rather see an Alba style attempt over doing nothing as that's going nowhere, I'll continue to carp against Sturgeon as I'm not her biggest fan, an awful lot of supporters have shown a similar disdain in recent years given the 30/40k drop in membership before the recent uptick. 
Alba style attempt....which is ????

It is not a defection though.

She has had her SNP membership suspended and the whip withdrawn - she is effectively an independent.

Her own constituency have asked her to stand down and she has refused.

She is persona non gratia.

1 minute ago, JMDP said:

I asked you not to take it off topic cos it is pretty boring. I'll explain one last time: I read the forum. I see posts that I like, I give a green dot. I see posts I dislike, red dot. You have a lot of terrible posts clearly, so you have received a lot of red dots. They also clearly get right under your skin, which is weird as they are coloured circles on a football forum.

Now, you also clearly don't like anti-racist sentiment. This marks you out as not just a terrible poster but someone with deeply unpleasant views, which is unsurprising. 

You can ask all you want but that doesn't mean I'll listen to you you moron.

Well that doesn't explain how you do about 20 all at the same time does it?

You're lying through your teeth, you do it every couple of days and it's obvious to see, you're either using the search function or you're opening a lot of tabs at the same time. 

Your brain stimulates you by clicking red dots against my posts, you probably feel class when you do it too, I'm flattered but it feels a wee bit too close to stalker type behaviour tbh. You can say it's weird that I notice you do this all you want but it's blatantly weirder that you do it. I've never went to that extent with a random on a forum as it's just obsessive and unhealthy.

You've tried 3 times to act as if I'm against anti-racism, I've explained I disliked your post because it was you that did it, not because of the content. 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It is not a defection though.

She has has her SNP membership suspended and the whip withdrawn - she is effectively an independent.

Happy to be corrected. 

23 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Screen shots would clear this up...