Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

1 hour ago, velo army said:

I'm close to having a head's gone at the very inception of said thread. Utter wee guy behaviour starting a thread that just invites folk to have a go at others. 

The very folk who have the power to ban other posters for abusive behaviour should absolutely be above creating a thread which explicitly promotes and invites that same behaviour.

Arsehole move, quite frankly.

I like you, you're one of my favourite posters but I'm a little bit torn. The concept of worst and best posters is always entertaining and if done correctly can be good fun for all involved but the way it was set up was a little bit too ruthless. 

I enjoy when people @GHF-23 especially call me out for low level posts and posting granny pictures but there needs to be a mutual level of consent for it to be good patter. 

It appears to have been pulled

I first learned the truth about Jean Charles De Menezes on here and this place was genuinely enlightening at that point. Today's thread is an example of p&b eating itself with a dash of infantile self indulgence on the side. 

2 hours ago, velo army said:

I'm close to having a head's gone at the very inception of said thread. Utter wee guy behaviour starting a thread that just invites folk to have a go at others. 

The very folk who have the power to ban other posters for abusive behaviour should absolutely be above creating a thread which explicitly promotes and invites that same behaviour.

Arsehole move, quite frankly.

To be fair it did clarify who the most rotten poster was. The OP!

41 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I like you, you're one of my favourite posters but I'm a little bit torn. The concept of worst and best posters is always entertaining and if done correctly can be good fun for all involved but the way it was set up was a little bit too ruthless. 

I enjoy when people @GHF-23 especially call me out for low level posts and posting granny pictures but there needs to be a mutual level of consent for it to be good patter. 

Thank you for the kind words.

Worst and best poster can be a bit of a laugh and can be a more light-hearted way of having a go at posters, but having a thread specifically to say who you dislike on the forum seems pretty poisonous to me, especially at this time of year.

I'm not above having a bit of a dig at folk, but having a whole thread devoted to that is pretty bad. 

And I haven't seen you post Granny pictures. I'm feeling a lot of fomo around that tbh 🙃.

17 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

The woke lefties strike again, cancel culture in action.

@Aubrey Maturin I look forward to your current affairs show on GB News.

Whoa, whoa - hold on one second. There's abuse happening here on this thread. This is no laughing matter. 😁

Edited by 2426255