Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

11 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

He is the worst poster on the site because he has the ability to be good, but refuses to admit mistakes and ends up spurting silly "swing and a miss, poindexter" nonsense whenever he's made an absolute arse of things.

Typecast maybe. Seems to have good and easy wind up potential. In that respect I see him in the same mould as a @Bairnardo type character. 

"The idea that we yet again need to wring our hands about the fairness of measures towards older generations is ridiculous. This entire pandemic response has already been orientated around their needs and lone behold it has been an objective disaster"

This was it, from Page 3870 of the Coronavirus thread in February 2021.

What a time to be alive.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

"The idea that we yet again need to wring our hands about the fairness of measures towards older generations is ridiculous. This entire pandemic response has already been orientated around their needs and lone behold it has been an objective disaster"

This was it, from Page 3870 of the Coronavirus thread in February 2021.

What a time to be alive.

Can you quote the original post?

I want to know why language is irrelevant, and the English boffins are wasting their lives being pedantic, champ.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Leaving the 'P&B Bants' aside, why do you think he initially booked a big black guy rather than a wee white guy for what people are saying was a really clear foul and yellow card?

St Mirren were beaten because Nick Walsh is a racist apparently

exploding-head-gif-6.gif

2 hours ago, Chris Partlow said:

The Rotten Posters thread is likely to see some action.

I'm close to having a head's gone at the very inception of said thread. Utter wee guy behaviour starting a thread that just invites folk to have a go at others. 

The very folk who have the power to ban other posters for abusive behaviour should absolutely be above creating a thread which explicitly promotes and invites that same behaviour.

Arsehole move, quite frankly.

17 minutes ago, velo army said:

I'm close to having a head's gone at the very inception of said thread. Utter wee guy behaviour starting a thread that just invites folk to have a go at others. 

The very folk who have the power to ban other posters for abusive behaviour should absolutely be above creating a thread which explicitly promotes and invites that same behaviour.

Yip.

When I pointed that out, said areshole had a ranty go at me.

Depressing as Hell.  

20 minutes ago, velo army said:

Might as well just shut down the entire forum if you don’t want to invite abusive behaviour.

34 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Might as well just shut down the entire forum if you don’t want to invite abusive behaviour.

Och I know you'll be kidding, but having people just be independently abusive is one thing, but having a thread specifically inviting people to have a go at others is just dreadful. I'm imagining and hoping that the OP is just pished and regrets it in the morning.

7 minutes ago, velo army said:

Och I know you'll be kidding, but having people just be independently abusive is one thing, but having a thread specifically inviting people to have a go at others is just dreadful. I'm imagining and hoping that the OP is just pished and regrets it in the morning.

The ill-judged pomposity is actually quite sad and the least said about the usual suspect pile on-ers and egg on-ers the better. 

hmm, I think the thread was fine and didn't cross any lines personally.

PnB is a bit rough and tumble at times - isn't that one of the best things about it? It can be infuriating, raw, hilarious and at times thoughtful and kind.  I think over sanitizing the forum would take away from what makes it worth visiting. Sometime that risks over-stepping the mark with some people, some of the time.

The alternative would be something akin to the Tartan Army Message Board and that would be worse imo. If it turns out the majority decide it's an unacceptable thread then I'm sure it will put right and it can just be put down as a mistake and we can all hopefully move on either way.