Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

1 hour ago, Chris Partlow said:

And you've called him an arsehole, inadequate, and now a 'weaselly bully'.

Or does that not count as an 'assault' ?

I don't think I called him an arsehole did I?  A bit remiss of me admittedly, but I don't think I did.

The circumstances of the 'assaults' were very different.

His was unprovoked in the context of the language I'd initially used.  He doubled down aggressively on his decision to open the thread.  The contrast in how he responded when someone else raised similar objections a bit later, could not have been more marked.

Quite simply, he felt he had more licence to have a go at me.  Essentially, the actions of a bully.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think I called him an arsehole did I?  A bit remiss of me admittedly, but I don't think I did.

His was unprovoked in the context of the language I'd initially used.  He doubled down aggressively on his decision to open the thread.  The contrast in how he responded when someone else raised similar objections a bit later, could not have been more marked.

Quite simply, he felt he had more licence to have a go at me.  Essentially, the actions of a bully.

A lot of people have a really shitty time at Christmas and hit out without thinking. Best to take the high ground and forget about it imo.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No you called him an areshole but I think the point stands. 

On 24/12/2023 at 19:32, Monkey Tennis said:

Yip.

When I pointed that out, said areshole had a ranty go at me.

Depressing as Hell.  

People take things miles too seriously on these boards, experienced posters too - so no sympathy here.

Whether it's red-dots which seem to cause plenty of upset or taking things other users have said to heart - It's childish. You have the ability to ignore posters and to turn off notifications if those are things you struggle with. You can also always log off or choose not to read a thread if you think you won't like its content.

You can change the environment/experience to suit yourself without trying to make everyone else adapt to suit you. Please take advantage of that. 

Edited by 2426255

was too busy spending times with friends and family to see the offending thread, but I'm afraid it looks like GN has finally fallen if it's been fired into space - not really on to put it up a few days before Christmas mind you. This thread will soon be gone again due to the hateful "bullying" it apparently engenders.