Never have I ever

deej

Unless you are allergic or get stung in your eye or a sensitive place then being stung by a wasp is no big deal. The panic people show about wasps and bees is ridiculous. My wife used to lose her shit when one came near us and I was concerned she’d pass this on to our wee boy. Thankfully, since he’s been born she’s stopped it as we are aware of making the boy afraid of things through our reactions.

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s not life threatening but anyone who claims a wasp sting doesn’t hurt is lying/trying to come across as hard.  The emotional pain of it is quite something as well and shouldn’t be overlooked.

Do you feel violated?  :lol:

Wasp/bee stings are definitely something that causes different levels or pain to different people. I remember getting stung by them a lot when I was a kid, but it wasn't a big deal past the age of 5 or so, and I barely noticed last time it happened. We're just lucky we don't have those hornets whose stings feel like being stabbed.

My gran was one of those folk who'd flip out around bees/wasps, so I didn't pick up on just ignoring them until I was an adult, which probably explains why I stopped getting stung so much. The main thing I had to stop doing around the wean was panicking about spiders, as I didn't want him growing up with my irrational weirdness.

18 minutes ago, Pato said:

Excepting Orkney & Shetland I've never been north of Inverness

I've never been to Shetland. Pretty much the only corner of Scotland I've not been to. I've thought about a summer holiday there a few times but the ferry is too expensive. What took you there?

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Where do you class as in public? I’m sure we’ve all done it in a public toilet for example but you’re on a cubicle so it’s not like there’s a chance of a member of the public seeing you. 

Hiya George Michael!

59 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s not masturbating In public though - you wouldn’t accuse a person of pooing in a public toilet of doing anything inappropriate would you? Where else are you supposed to go?

That depends. Are they wanking at the same time?

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

It doesn’t matter as it’s nobodies business what they are doing in a locked cubicle. Public masturbation to me is doing it in a place anyone could potentially see if they were in the right place at the right time.

Think the closest I got was a on the back row of a city link bus when I was 18 but there was at most 4 other people on the bus and it was pitch black outside.

...Officer.