Rangers v St Johnstone

G51

Look Aberdeen fans look.  We are mocking a team because they failed to win a football match that they were expected to win. Do you see how that works.  It's called schadenfreude.  Or if you want to be  pendantic.

Saugen Sie daran Arschloch.

Also I'm getting right into duolingo again.

The numbers do speak for themselves. Knockout cups are hugely influenced by variance. It’s not sensible to judge a managerial record against that kind of competition.
Ultimately, Rangers priorities each season are 1) League 2) Europe 3) the Cups. If you excel in 1&2, no one cares if you f**k up 3. 
Comparing it to Rodgers team is stupid. Rodgers inherited an all-conquering team and then left one to Lennon. Gerrard had Jason Holt and Ross McCrorie in midfield before he joined.
Ok, got it, we only count the cups when Rangers win them, I hadn't understood that math. [emoji6]

And I've no idea where you think I'm questioning Gerard as a manager. I've said twice Rangers have come on leaps and bounds since he came in.

Saying I think Rodgers was/is a better manager, who built a better team, isn't saying Gerrard is rubbish. It's just saying Rodgers and guys team was/is better.

But brass tax, we're now in a position that Callum Davidson might win more silverware over the last 3 seasons on an absolute shoestring by comparison.

Maybe he's better than them both. [emoji1787]

Got a couple of nights up north next weekend.

Just had a very awkward conversation with the Rangers supporting girlfriend that we may need a pub for the Saturday night.

It’s not going well, mainly cause I keep getting my not so subtle digs in.

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Ok, got it, we only count the cups when Rangers win them, I hadn't understood that math. emoji6.png

And I've no idea where you think I'm questioning Gerard as a manager. I've said twice Rangers have come on leaps and bounds since he came in.

Saying I think Rodgers was/is a better manager, who built a better team, isn't saying Gerrard is rubbish. It's just saying Rodgers and guys team was/is better.

But brass tax, we're now in a position that Callum Davidson might win more silverware over the last 3 seasons on an absolute shoestring by comparison.

Maybe he's better than them both. emoji1787.png

It’s not that the cups only count when Rangers win them (if they did they’d never count lol), it’s that judging a manager on knockout cup competitions is dumb and any board that did would be laughed at.

Rodgers is a better manager than Gerrard, no doubt. And I’d say his team, which cost twice what Gerrards team does, is close to equal (it’d be fun to see them in a one-off game). Gerrards achievement is more remarkable because he’s had to rebuild way more than Rodgers did.

1 hour ago, Ill Ray said:

The achievement it’ll be if St Johnstone do the double. One of the biggest in Scottish Football for years when you consider likelihood and budgets. This is a real team. All the Celtic fans singing about a plateau and winning with the biggest budget. Absolute non-achievement from Celtic when you think about resources and infrastructure. 

Good on Callum Davidson. Manager of the Year if he does the double. Very envious of the St Johnstone fans tonight but I hope they have a belter. Amazing scenes. 

He should be manager of the year even if they get pumped out in the semis. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Add my opinions of Clark onto the long list of things I'm wrong about.

Massive game from him, even discounting the goal/penalties.

He was absolutely magnificent throughout. I didn’t catch the Man Of The Match, but it had to be him, surely.