Hibernian vs St Johnstone, Saturday 1 May, 2021

4 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

200-8.gif.73ebdd0961f8feca2f48650fc46d7cdb.gif

Honestly?

I enjoy the mad transfer rumours you get on individual club forums (and I include our own).

Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts are always good for someone claiming they'll sign our best players for £200k etc.

Hibs/Hearts are always great for the first question being "is he from Edinburgh?" whenever a player is mentioned, before "aye, he's a big hibee/jambo" comes out.

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Would anyone be happy with a draw tomorrow? 

5 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I’d take one ,if Livi lose 

Don't think those 2 results work for us.

Which is why Hibs will / should be going for it.

A draw doesn’t really do anything for us unless Livingston also draw their game. A win would put us in to fifth if Livi lose and guarantee we’d have a chance of finishing fifth on the final day even if we get pumped by Celtic next time out. Have to go for the win today.

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Would anyone be happy with a draw tomorrow? 

I'd prefer it to losing.

We'll know after next weekend if we need to go for 5th so not sure why we would need to rest this week?

Hibs get to the final then we go for it regardless of our semi result. Hibs bottle another semi then we wind down/prepare for final.

We have a tiny squad, and winning the Scottish Cup is far more important than finishing 5th/qualifying for the European qualifiers, IMO.

I'd happily play a youth side today tbh.

I’d understand RG’s logic a bit more if there were about two or three days between the league and cup matches. This isn’t the case. Plenty of time to recover after today, and it might even be counter-productive for the cup if we field a weakened team today and lose that momentum. Don’t see why it has to be a choice between prioritising either competition. We can finish 5th and win the cup.

8 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I’d understand RG’s logic a bit more if there were about two or three days between the league and cup matches. This isn’t the case. Plenty of time to recover after today, and it might even be counter-productive for the cup if we field a weakened team today and lose that momentum. Don’t see why it has to be a choice between prioritising either competition. We can finish 5th and win the cup.

This.

There are MILLIONS of reasons why we should be trying to finish 5th and winning the other cup. It's one of the reasons I think Callum fucked up against Aberdeen. Aberdeen are shite and were there for the taking but Callum actually thought it was okay to meekly give up and throw away 3 points. That fucking annoys the f**k out of me, a bit like Clarke after qualifying for the Euros letting every c**t get fucked up, amateurish. Play your best side and win every game please.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We have a tiny squad

1 less than Hibs.

Nominally 30, but 7 are loaned out til the end of the season.

In fact when you look at those remaining who are registered to play but there for emergency only, I would say St J have a larger available first team squad than Hibs.

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

1 less than Hibs.

Nominally 30, but 7 are loaned out til the end of the season.

In fact when you look at those remaining who are registered to play but there for emergency only, I would say St J have a larger available first team squad than Hibs.

What?

We've gone through most of the season with 18 outfield players, currently it's 17 due to injuries to Tanser and Davidson.

I'd be amazed if Hibs are sitting with less than 17 fit outfield players.

Our 17 includes Gilmour, who's 21 and played about 10 top flight minutes in his life, and James Brown an emergency loaned RB when we were losing McNamara.

We have a tiny squad, and winning the Scottish Cup is far more important than finishing 5th/qualifying for the European qualifiers, IMO.
Totally agree. The Cup is much bigger than a couple of games against some robbers from Moldova or somewhere.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

I think with our size of squad you both need to rest players where possible, and also make sure everyone in your squad is "match fit".

Getting serious minutes into the likes of Brown, MOH, Middleton, maybe even Gilmour, could be key in a weeks time if we get 1/2 knocks over the next 2 games and they've to start a Semi-Final.

Priority has to be the cup.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I think with our size of squad you both need to rest players where possible, and also make sure everyone in your squad is "match fit".
Getting serious minutes into the likes of Brown, MOH, Middleton, maybe even Gilmour, could be key in a weeks time if we get 1/2 knocks over the next 2 games and they've to start a Semi-Final.
Priority has to be the cup.
We only have one game before the Semi final

1 minute ago, The Marly said:

We only have one game before the Semi final

We play Celtic on Wednesday don't we?

I've probably got that wrong tbh, I've lost all track of our fixtures this season tbh. Literally only remember when the PPV link goes up or a match thread appears on here.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Totally agree. The Cup is much bigger than a couple of games against some robbers from Moldova or somewhere.

If we were to get Europe, even through the league, then we would go into the play off round for the Europa league. Get pumped off a say, Sporting Lisbon, then drop into the conference league with a guaranteed €1.5M. It is imperative we use all options to qualify for Europe. Play your strongest team every game.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

If we were to get Europe, even through the league, then we would go into the play off round for the Europa league. Get pumped off a say, Sporting Lisbon, then drop into the conference league with a guaranteed €1.5M. It is imperative we use all options to qualify for Europe. Play your strongest team every game.

I don't think that's right?

If we finish 5th we'll go into the 2nd qualifying round for the Conference League. Wedhave to get through 3 rounds to reach the Group stage of that competition. 

If we win the Scottish, we go straight into the Europa League Play Off, which guarantees Group stage football even if we lose.