Hibernian vs St Johnstone, Saturday 1 May, 2021

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

What?

We've gone through most of the season with 18 outfield players, currently it's 17 due to injuries to Tanser and Davidson.

I'd be amazed if Hibs are sitting with less than 17 fit outfield players.

Our 17 includes Gilmour, who's 21 and played about 10 top flight minutes in his life, and James Brown an emergency loaned RB when we were losing McNamara.

We have 18, including David Gray who is basically a coach (and I have no idea if technically fit), and Steven Bradley who has played a similar number of minutes to Gilmour.......................

We have plenty of injuries and have done all season.

Have a look once you stop being amazed - https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/squads/mens-first-team

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think that's right?

If we finish 5th we'll go into the 2nd qualifying round for the Conference League. Wedhave to get through 3 rounds to reach the Group stage of that competition. 

If we win the Scottish, we go straight into the Europa League Play Off, which guarantees Group stage football even if we lose.

You sure? I'm only going on what I was told, admittedly by a Saintee zoomer, the other night. 

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

We have 18, including David Gray who is basically a coach (and I have no idea if technically fit), and Steven Bradley who has played a similar number of minutes to Gilmour.......................

Have a look once you stop being amazed - https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/squads/mens-first-team

RG: I'd be amazed if Hibs had less than 17 fit senior players.

LG: BE AMAZED! WE HAVE 18!!!!

RG: 168315991_tenor(1)(8).gif.878991f5f4fca77f70ff3b00ef5ee4dd.gif

Just now, tree house tam said:

You sure? I'm only going on what I was told, admittedly by a Saintee zoomer, the other night. 

Screenshot_20210501-122018_Chrome.thumb.jpg.de2a9808a5fc91c69bdb98396865acde.jpg

5th only gets Europe if Hibs win the Cup., and it'll be the qualifers for the Conference league.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

RG: I'd be amazed if Hibs had less than 17 fit senior players.

LG: BE AMAZED! WE HAVE 18!!!!

RG: 168315991_tenor(1)(8).gif.878991f5f4fca77f70ff3b00ef5ee4dd.gif

Screenshot_20210501-122018_Chrome.thumb.jpg.de2a9808a5fc91c69bdb98396865acde.jpg

5th only gets Europe if Hibs win the Cup., and it'll be the qualifers for the Conference league.

Good, that's that cleared up. Still play your strongest 11 Callum. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

Good, that's that cleared up. Still play your strongest 11 Callum. 

*shrugs*

The Cup is still our best chance of Europe IMO. Otherwise we're reliant on Hibs winning it.

Then with your resources your club is being mismanaged.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

@RandomGuyWhat I was - fairly obviously - pointing out was that Hibs do not have a massive squad..........indeed as I mentioned and you forgot to quote, David Gray should basically not be counted.

But, hey -  more gifs..........

I said Saints have the smallest squad in the league.

You told me Hibs had a smaller squad available.

You then proved that by telling me Hibs had more players than Saints.

You can see why I can't be arsed trying to discuss this with you.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I said Saints have the smallest squad in the league.

You told me Hibs had a smaller squad available.

No you didnt, you said your squad was tiny - so you are a liar.

All I did was point out that our squad is also very small - and due to injuries may be the same size or even smaller.

Nae wonder even the St Johnstone fans think you are a fanny........................

eta - just in case you need a reminder - 

image.thumb.png.e6043c662fa006211e2c16f6cb6c7688.png

Edited by Leith Green

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

No you didnt, you said your squad was tiny - so you are a liar.

All I did was point out that our squad is also very small - and due to injuries may be the same size or even smaller.

Nae wonder even the St Johnstone fans think you are a fanny........................

eta - just in case you need a reminder - 

image.thumb.png.e6043c662fa006211e2c16f6cb6c7688.png

Thanks for providing more evidence of your claiming Hibs have a smaller squad than Saints, before then proving otherwise.

Quite how Hibs having a small squad means I'm wrong in saying Saints have a small squad, I don't know, but you seem to have got yourself all het up about it for some reason, so crack on.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We play Celtic on Wednesday don't we?

I've probably got that wrong tbh, I've lost all track of our fixtures this season tbh. Literally only remember when the PPV link goes up or a match thread appears on here.

The Celtic match is a week on Wednesday, after the semi. That’s the match I’d be more inclined to field a weakened line-up in (depending on how results go today).

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

The Celtic match is a week on Wednesday, after the semi. That’s the match I’d be more inclined to field a weakened line-up in (depending on how results go today).

Even more reason to play fringe players here then, IMO.

I've a horrible feeling we'll get a big injury before the Semi, and have to rely on one of the back up.