Organised crime thread

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I was thinking about Begbie the other day actually. Irvine Welsh has said that he is based on four or five people he knew growing up and as a young man. In various books Begbie is painted as part of the Young Leith Team, thr YLT. There are various articles about the ‘glory days’ of the YLT, including this one that goes into detail about one of the main men in the gang in the 70s and 80s, a character known as Bronco, real name Ian Macleod, who is now in his 60s.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Crime+Capital%3B+The+street+gangs+of+the+1960s+and+70s+spawned+a+new...-a0130202910

Bronco is current unavailable as he is in prison awaiting trial alongside his son for a double murder in a Niddrie tower block. Rumours are that the victims had the letters “YLT” burned into their flesh with a blowtorch.

https://news.stv.tv/east-central/edinburgh-father-and-son-accused-of-blowtorching-letters-onto-victims-heads-in-torture-murder

Unsure if there’s a trial date for that one!

My brother was one of the first polis on the scene, believe they were called for a separate reason and discovered the body. Not pleasant 

I was thinking about Begbie the other day actually. Irvine Welsh has said that he is based on four or five people he knew growing up and as a young man. In various books Begbie is painted as part of the Young Leith Team, thr YLT. There are various articles about the ‘glory days’ of the YLT, including this one that goes into detail about one of the main men in the gang in the 70s and 80s, a character known as Bronco, real name Ian Macleod, who is now in his 60s.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Crime+Capital%3B+The+street+gangs+of+the+1960s+and+70s+spawned+a+new...-a0130202910

Bronco is current unavailable as he is in prison awaiting trial alongside his son for a double murder in a Niddrie tower block. Rumours are that the victims had the letters “YLT” burned into their flesh with a blowtorch.

https://news.stv.tv/east-central/edinburgh-father-and-son-accused-of-blowtorching-letters-onto-victims-heads-in-torture-murder

Unsure if there’s a trial date for that one!

I know he can be a bit robust in expressing his opinions on here, but this is an unexpected revelation.

As well as claims he was attacked with a Stanley knife, machetes and a hammer, the letters “VT”, “YT” or “YLT” were also allegedly left on his head with a blowtorch.

53 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

I know he can be a bit robust in expressing his opinions on here, but this is an unexpected revelation.

As well as claims he was attacked with a Stanley knife, machetes and a hammer, the letters “VT”, “YT” or “YLT” were also allegedly left on his head with a blowtorch.

We’ve had P&B weddings and P&B babies, it’s about time we had a P&B torture murder.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I liked the "she would struggle with a custodial sentence"

Is that not the fucking point?

It's supposed to be anything g over about £17.5k is an automatic custodial. She's doubled it and some.

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

It's supposed to be anything g over about £17.5k is an automatic custodial. She's doubled it and some.

Lassie I used to work with stole £21k over a year and got 9 months 

That auld dears got 200 hours cs for stealing 40k, works out at £200 an hour :lol: no bad for some

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

That auld dears got 200 hours cs for stealing 40k, works out at £200 an hour :lol: no bad for some

Someone I know stole over 18k at her work and got community service. 

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Like the story here, I know somebody whose charge was £23k, reduced to £16k on appeal and they got a year. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

This crime business actually seems somewhat profitable.

There was an old 24 Hours in Police custody on this week and it featured a gang of drug dealers being rounded up in Luton. They were all tracksuit wearing kids basically, very young. They all looked like they were playing at being gangsters but at the end the police worked out they were making £100,000 a week selling crack and heroin. These guys weren’t the godfathers of Luton, they were a bunch of mates. Crazy the money that’s can be made in drugs.

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

There was an old 24 Hours in Police custody on this week and it featured a gang of drug dealers being rounded up in Luton. They were all tracksuit wearing kids basically, very young. They all looked like they were playing at being gangsters but at the end the police worked out they were making £100,000 a week selling crack and heroin. These guys weren’t the godfathers of Luton, they were a bunch of mates. Crazy the money that’s can be made in drugs.

Its not all profit though, they need to buy the stuff and have transport, security and warehousing costs to consider.

No tax though, so its not all bad news.

And it's a victimless crime. You're just selling what people want.

I have noticed that, like policemen, criminals are getting younger. I asked an old gangster I know about this and he explained that each generation of criminals start younger and are more ruthless than the one before.

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

And it's a victimless crime. You're just selling what people want.

I have noticed that, like policemen, criminals are getting younger. I asked an old gangster I know about this and he explained that each generation of criminals start younger and are more ruthless than the one before.

All the P&B old duffers should start a drug gang, no-one will suspect us. 

27 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I have some out-of-date Amoxicyllin and Doxicycline. Might have some difficulty in sourcing a MAC10 and some pensioners hooses to cuckoo, though...............

I had that theory a while back.

If I could think of one big job I could carry out. The police would round up the usual suspects. I wouldn't be suspected of such a crime with no history of it.

I also seen somebody got a few years for child benefit fraud. He'd gotten away with it for years but got lazy. It was pretty much the same plan I had when I worked in DHSS, but never had the bottle to start it.