Organised crime thread

51 minutes ago, RH33 said:

IMO: 

Btw:

Police have launched a murder investigation 10 days after a 65-year-old man was shot dead as he walked his dog near Aberfeldy.

Officers said Brian Low was shot in Pitilie on the outskirts of the Perthshire town at about 08:30 on Saturday 17 February. Emergency services attended but Mr Low, from Aberfeldy, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Following a post mortem examination, Mr Low's death is now being treated as murder.

Det Ch Insp Martin Macdougall, of Police Scotland's major investigation team, said the force was trying to get Mr Low's family answers. He said extensive inquiries were being carried out and detectives were trying to establish the full circumstances of the shooting.

you-dont-say-frowning.gif

Increasingly bizarre:

Police did not notice body of dead dog walker had been shot - BBC News

Police officers did not notice a 65-year-old man had been shot after his body was found near Aberfeldy, Police Scotland has said.

Brian Low was shot while he walking his dog in Pitilie on the outskirts of the Perthshire town at about 08:30 on Saturday 17 February. His death was initially thought to be non-suspicious and medically-related. A post-mortem examination then took place six days after his death, prompting a murder investigation.

Local area commander Greg Burns told a police press conference: "From the officers' initial assessment, it presented as a non-suspicious, medically-related death at that point in time.

_132769694_aberfeldypolicepresser-toaber

On Wednesday 21 February, a medical examination established that Mr Low had injuries consistent with being fatally shot. A post-mortem confirmed this two days later. When initial suspicions were raised, Det Ch Insp Macdougall said the scene had been secured by officers and police had taken "every opportunity to recover evidence from site". The murder inquiry was launched on Friday and Mr Low's family was updated on Saturday.

Det Ch Insp Macdougall added: "Since criminality was established on the Friday evening, the major investigation team have carried out a number of lines of inquiry and we are keeping an open mind of the motive in this case." This included the possibility of him being targeted, but the death was not being considered accidental.

Timeline

Saturday 17 February - Brian Low's body is found with his dog on a remote track in the Pitilie area near Aberfeldy

Wednesday 21 February - Medical examination establishes that Mr Low had injuries consistent with being fatally shot

Friday 23 February - A post mortem confirms that Mr Low had been shot

Saturday 24 February - Police tell Mr Low's family that he had been murdered

Tuesday 27 February - Police announce they have launched a murder investigation into Mr Low's death

A few years back John 'Goldfinger' Palmer died in the garden of his house in Essex.  Goldfinger was a major money launderer in the 1980s criminal scene and was responsible for a melting down and re-integrating into the precios metals market a large quantity of the gold stolen in the Brinks Mat robbery.  He was also a prolific time share fraudster, accumulating wealth said to be in the hundreds of millions.  He was under survellience by MI5 and had links to criminals all over the world.

His death was initially put down as a heart attack until someone decided that when one of the most infamous criminals in the country dies, might be worth checking it - lo and behold, it turned out he'd been shot and the police had mistaken bullet wounds for marks from a recent surgery to remove his gallbladder.

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A few years back John 'Goldfinger' Palmer died in the garden of his house in Essex.  Goldfinger was a major money launderer in the 1980s criminal scene and was responsible for a melting down and re-integrating into the precios metals market a large quantity of the gold stolen in the Brinks Mat robbery.  He was also a prolific time share fraudster, accumulating wealth said to be in the hundreds of millions.  He was under survellience by MI5 and had links to criminals all over the world.

His death was initially put down as a heart attack until someone decided that when one of the most infamous criminals in the country dies, might be worth checking it - lo and behold, it turned out he'd been shot and the police had mistaken bullet wounds for marks from a recent surgery to remove his gallbladder.

Represented by our very own Giovanni Di Stefano.

11 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Represented by our very own Giovanni Di Stefano.

Shame you never had a sharp shooter like that the other night.

That Aberfeldy estate has some history. There is a site dedicated to raptor news/protection and that Aberfeldy estate is a frequent feature. The police won’t be short of suspects.

On 27/02/2024 at 21:07, RH33 said:

On 27/02/2024 at 22:06, HibeeJibee said:

IMO: 

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

That Aberfeldy estate has some history. There is a site dedicated to raptor news/protection and that Aberfeldy estate is a frequent feature. The police won’t be short of suspects.

"Bird Kills Man"?

922935b09efc4df8a82b6e6e90fbed3b.jpeg

Posted (edited)

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-gangster-used-fire-alarm-28748145?int_source=nba

Escaping from jail sounds easier than it cracked up to be - just pull a fire alarm and run the other way.

On a previous home visit McGovern got repeatedly stabbed by David Togher, who was just released from jail for that and featured in this thread on the last page.

Edited by ICTChris

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-gangster-used-fire-alarm-28748145?int_source=nba

Escaping from jail sounds easier than it cracked up to be - just pull a fire alarm and run the other way.

On a previous home visit McGovern got repeatedly stabbed by David Togher, who was just released from jail for that and featured in this thread on the last page.

It's Castle Huntly. It's not hard to escape from. 

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

His 10 months is to run alongside his current sentence, so basically no punishment apart from he probably won’t get anymore home visits or spend time at castle huntly

Edited by parsforlife

A mate of mines was charged by Interpol last week. He's going down on international drug trafficking charges.

Seems he tried to implicate another, which the courts rejected. I probably will not see him again after that revelation.

6 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

A mate of mines was charged by Interpol last week. He's going down on international drug trafficking charges.

Seems he tried to implicate another, which the courts rejected. I probably will not see him again after that revelation.

Was it a surprise to see him involved in it?  Ex flatmate of mines was once involved in the supply chain, didn’t know at the time but the flat we shared was being used to store significant amounts of various substances for someone he knew. I was as surprised as i was appalled when I found out, the daft c**t wasn’t short of cash and could easily have stayed out of it, not sure what the f**k he was thinking when he agreed. The boy he was holding for has since been jailed, and received a fairly significant sentence at that.

21 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Was it a surprise to see him involved in it?  

Absolutely. My friend is a very admirable man.

The level of charges and his apparent admittance of being somewhat of a kingpin who dictated prices to numerous international crime cartels must all be a misunderstanding and can be easily sorted out over a cup of tea and cake I hope?

:lol:

Genuinely, I've been around dealers most of my adult life and if the level he's apparently at is true then I have a sort of twisted admiration of his personality never changing since when we were kids.

Does Don Webley drive about in a blue Audi, possibly an A3 with one of those exhausts that sounds like an automatic rifle is being deployed on the general public? I could have sworn I saw him terrorising the poor pedestrians around bruntsfield yestedsy. 

6 hours ago, throbber said:

Does Don Webley drive about in a blue Audi, possibly an A3 with one of those exhausts that sounds like an automatic rifle is being deployed on the general public? I could have sworn I saw him terrorising the poor pedestrians around bruntsfield yestedsy. 

If he does he's compensating for something. 

Probably a lack of brains

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/cops-believe-lanarkshire-fugitives-been-25666079

Old story but the above linked to this.

It amazes me that two guys can reach the top of the criminal world (in Scotland) but think that paying Brazilian gangsters to help you on the run would end any other way than this.

I would be very surprised if they went easily.

I've actually been to Fortaleza, my hostel had barbed wire, you could hear gunshots on the beach and the churrascria was insanely cheap (and not that good).