Organised crime thread

11.00 am on the radio news: "Man's burned body found in Motherwell"

Me: oh aye

12.00 pm: Tam Cowan heard alive and well on "Off the Ball"

Me: that rules out that theory then.. 

Unless it is a case of spontaneous combustion then call me Benoit Blanc but I can't help think there is possibly an organised crime connection here....

On 25/02/2024 at 00:19, tamthebam said:

11.00 am on the radio news: "Man's burned body found in Motherwell"

Me: oh aye

12.00 pm: Tam Cowan heard alive and well on "Off the Ball"

Me: that rules out that theory then.. 

Unless it is a case of spontaneous combustion then call me Benoit Blanc but I can't help think there is possibly an organised crime connection here....

Police now saying no suspicious circumstances = some poor b*****d took his own life that way.

On 26/01/2024 at 10:21, ICTChris said:

All the P&B old duffers should start a drug gang, no-one will suspect us. 

Aye, but we won't remember where we stashed the stuff...

6 hours ago, Peil said:

Police now saying no suspicious circumstances = some poor b*****d took his own life that way.

I find that so hard to believe. How on earth do you burn yourself alive?

Reminds me of this story I read a while back - Headless park body 'not suspicious' | The Herald (heraldscotland.com)

A decapitated body found in a Glasgow park has been identified as a Lithuanian man who was reported missing last August.

The decomposed corpse was found in a tent in Hogarth Park, Carntyne, just over a month ago.

His death is not being treated as suspicious.

How the f**k do you lose your head in non suspicious circumstances?

10 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Reminds me of this story I read a while back - Headless park body 'not suspicious' | The Herald (heraldscotland.com)

A decapitated body found in a Glasgow park has been identified as a Lithuanian man who was reported missing last August.

The decomposed corpse was found in a tent in Hogarth Park, Carntyne, just over a month ago.

Some US airman did it outside the Israeli embassy earlier.

Can of petrol and a lighter.

Can't imagine the mindset right enough. 

45 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

There was a guy about 20 years ago  - I wanna say it was Manchester, or certainly I read it in the Manchester Evening News if it wasn't - got 100 feet of piano wire, tied one end round his neck and the other round a tree. Pointed his car towards the canal and floored it. Fun, happy thoughts for a Monday. 

One of the most notorious gangsters in recent Scottish history was found dead near a former colleague of mines house.  Police reported that the discovery of  decapitated corpse buried in a shallow grave was being treated as suspicious.

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

One of the most notorious gangsters in recent Scottish history was found dead near a former colleague of mines house.  Police reported that the discovery of  decapitated corpse buried in a shallow grave was being treated as suspicious.

I realise time is a factor, but if criminals dug deeper graves they'd get away with it more often.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I realise time is a factor, but if criminals dug deeper graves they'd get away with it more often.

It's extremely hard to dig a full, six feet under grave.  

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Just another example of today's youth not being arsed to put a proper shift in. (If I've understood another thread correctly.)