Organised crime thread

5 hours ago, SH Panda said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/cops-believe-lanarkshire-fugitives-been-25666079

Old story but the above linked to this.

It amazes me that two guys can reach the top of the criminal world (in Scotland) but think that paying Brazilian gangsters to help you on the run would end any other way than this.

I would be very surprised if they went easily.

I've actually been to Fortaleza, my hostel had barbed wire, you could hear gunshots on the beach and the churrascria was insanely cheap (and not that good).

Fortaleza- twinned with Saltcoats? 

5 hours ago, SH Panda said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/cops-believe-lanarkshire-fugitives-been-25666079

Old story but the above linked to this.

It amazes me that two guys can reach the top of the criminal world (in Scotland) but think that paying Brazilian gangsters to help you on the run would end any other way than this.

I would be very surprised if they went easily.

I've actually been to Fortaleza, my hostel had barbed wire, you could hear gunshots on the beach and the churrascria was insanely cheap (and not that good).

I read somewhere that the current theory is that they faked their deaths and are living it large somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I read somewhere that the current theory is that they faked their deaths and are living it large somewhere else. 

It's definitely possible, in which case I doff my cap to them.

What we thinking % wise? I give it 25% if I'm generous.

If they were in Brazil they'd instantly be a target after the notice went out.

It's probably more dangerous than when Ronnie Biggs was there.

14 minutes ago, SH Panda said:

It's definitely possible, in which case I doff my cap to them.

What we thinking % wise? I give it 25% if I'm generous.

If they were in Brazil they'd instantly be a target after the notice went out.

It's probably more dangerous than when Ronnie Biggs was there.

It could be their European and UK contacts and knowledge make them more useful alive than dead. 

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

I'd be hard pushed to choose between the two but I suspect Pripyat might win the day.

At least it has a Ferris Wheel & only 3.6 Roentgens.

14 hours ago, SH Panda said:

I've actually been to Fortaleza, my hostel had barbed wire

Not Brazil, but the other week a guesthouse decided to hang my laundry up on the razor wire surrounding the building. 

422661029_10159700799905887_6005425042878135556_n.jpg

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It could be their European and UK contacts and knowledge make them more useful alive than dead. 

Possible but the market is a bit more fragmented than that.

If they are going to stay under the direct protection of one of the larger Gangs, as obvious outsiders, they will have to keep bringing revenue in through contacts that couldn't be ellicited through, erm, other means.

If they're going it alone there will be lots of armed groups / kidnapping gangs willing to relieve them of their loot.

Basically a lot of poor people with guns who don't care how big you are in Blantyre.

If you are going to be on the run northern Brazil would be one of the last places you'd go, pretty much on a par with trying your luck in the cartel controlled northern Mexico.

Even the Nazis went to the cool, pseudo European south of the country. It said they had houses in Dubai, that would have been a much better bet - only police and Russians to worry about there but random violence far less common, at least against rich white people.

On 20/03/2024 at 14:53, ICTChris said:

Seems like weak credit control procedures in place. Probably not even reviewing customers' credit scores or sending out increasingly firm automatic reminders when a debt goes overdue.

The Aberfeldy gun murder update…

@ICTChris rightly compared it to the death of Goldfinger the holiday timeshare crook. He was snipered in his back garden, allegedly by international hitman Imre Arakas, and police didn’t notice the bullet wounds.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/12371689/aberfeldy-murder-victim-died-shotgun-chest-neck/

Aberfeldy felled victim was blasted by a shotgun. Maybe the police thought he was walking his dog and his head just fell off?

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The Aberfeldy gun murder update…

@ICTChris rightly compared it to the death of Goldfinger the holiday timeshare crook. He was snipered in his back garden, allegedly by international hitman Imre Arakas, and police didn’t notice the bullet wounds.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/12371689/aberfeldy-murder-victim-died-shotgun-chest-neck/

Aberfeldy felled victim was blasted by a shotgun. Maybe the police thought he was walking his dog and his head just fell off?

Unfair! Maybe they only seen him from the back.

Suicide with a police accomplice disappearing the gun to validate a life insurance claim. I know what I'm talking about, I've watched Death in Paradise. 

On 22/03/2024 at 17:21, 54_and_counting said:

SH Panda defo either has a subscription to the digger, or more likely is the editor of it

I subscribe to The Digger and can thoroughly recommend it. Great reporting that the likes of the Record should be doing but are too scared. Can’t remember how much the year’s subscription was but every week it has me gripped.