Favourite toys growing up.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Definitely had one of these as a kid, though it might have been the baddies' one

Defenders of the Earth...

DEFENDERS

I just said that last defenders part before seeing the bottom of your post! 

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That's because I'm a master of magic spells and illusions, and my enemies crumble in fear and confusion.

I just remember it being on, but never being much of a fan. Like Battle of the planets or whatever else that show was called. It just appeared on tv from time to time. 

4 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

I just remember it being on, but never being much of a fan. Like Battle of the planets or whatever else that show was called. It just appeared on tv from time to time. 

I don't remember the series much, but the theme definitely stuck with me. I had a few of the toys as well.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't remember the series much, but the theme definitely stuck with me. I had a few of the toys as well.

Dunno what it is, but there's something about the theme tunes of 80s cartoons that burned them permanently into your brain. Defenders of the Earth being a prime example. Even now 30-odd years later, absolutely no problem remembering those lyrics at all. 

On 30/05/2021 at 14:33, philpy said:

A few mentions of scalextric here. I had this set, and got the polis car as well.

7108_0.jpg

unnamed.jpg

I had the Matchbox Race 'n' Chase

You got a Corvette Stingray and a Police cruiser. You could live out all your Buford T Justice fantasies performing high speed police chases around the track. The cars could do handbrake turns. The yellow seesaw thingy was just a pain in the arse though.

I can't believe we're on page 15 and nobody (including me) has mentioned this classic:

WP_20161009_0021-1024x768.jpg?resize=1024%2C768

Also connected to the famous Oflag IVc was this - 

image.png.13be1d60f5a65e73fbd091d612ac3b97.png

which flew a lot better before you pasted all the checkered paper "skin" over the polystyrene structure. 

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

This was my favorite board game as a boy, still have it mostly intact and picked up a set minus a few parts for pennies at a car boot years ago. Mint full sets go for about £70+.

It had a glow in the dark skull that dropped down a chimney and could knock you back to the start if it came out the room you were in, I loved it, the artwork on it was really good. 

Screenshot_20210601-171416_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'd totally forgotten about Escape from Colditz.

It crossed my mind to suggest some kind of P&B board game livestreaming night, but then I heard how appallingly geeky that sounds and now I hate myself. Even more than usual.

Spoiler

tumblr_mud2mmDTSO1r3nvmqo1_400.gifv

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

It crossed my mind to suggest some kind of P&B board game livestreaming night, but then I heard how appallingly geeky that sounds and now I hate myself. Even more than usual.

Reveal hidden contents

I thought you were going to invent a P&B board game. It could have Chance and Community Chest cards like Monopoly:

"You have been banned. Miss a turn while you think up a new alias"

"Go to the P&B equivalent of jail. The Juniors forum. Miss three turns while you try and stop your eyes from bleeding"

"You have suffered from Crispy pets. Collect £10 from each player"

"Professor Jason Leitch had come round for tea. Miss a turn while you kick him in the bollocks"

"It's Saturday night. Cowp the board if St Mirren have lost"

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I thought you were going to invent a P&B board game. It could have Chance and Community Chest cards like Monopoly:

"You have been banned. Miss a turn while you think up a new alias"

"Go to the P&B equivalent of jail. The Juniors forum. Miss three turns while you try and stop your eyes from bleeding"

"You have suffered from Crispy pets. Collect £10 from each player"

"Professor Jason Leitch had come round for tea. Miss a turn while you kick him in the bollocks"

"It's Saturday night. Cowp the board if St Mirren have lost"

I regret I only have one greenie to give you. This idea may well have legs.*

*Rendering it incompatible with the ShaggaPram, obviously. 

10 hours ago, BFTD said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reading this, I initially thought, "aye, I'd be up for that", then realised that we'd all have to have the same game, all make each others' moves on "our" board, etc.

Twenty years ago, maybe - now, I'm aware that time is more precious.

5 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Reading this, I initially thought, "aye, I'd be up for that", then realised that we'd all have to have the same game, all make each others' moves on "our" board, etc.

Twenty years ago, maybe - now, I'm aware that time is more precious.

I was picturing one person livestreaming the game, with other players giving their moves over chat.

No no no, I'm not thinking about this again.