Favourite toys growing up.

Was talking to a mate the other day about the toys we had in the younger  days, and what our favourites were. I used to love the M.A.S.K cartoons,  and had pretty much all the toys. What were everyone  else's  favourites??

14330131_1156111847761163_6847647694616790163_n.jpg

c9a6f8a7b6c38eb8d6f9c3f1d36f20dbe9da9bdd_hq.jpg

6c27cc9d045a7827d4130a1e9be6b6ebe1d9af0c_hq.jpg

38745.jpg

Pretty sure there's another toys thread somewhere, but what the hell. Anyone interested in this subject might want to check out the Toys That Made Us series on Netflix. Fun to see the background about how the toy lines were designed, and entirely cobbled together from other lines in some cases, and even the episodes about things like Barbie are worth watching to see how the industry operated.

I remember having a MASK period. Also a big fan of He-Man and the Transformers. Think I only had the lad at the front, as they weren't around for very long, but I remember these Centurions lads being pretty cool. Although, as with most toys of the Eighties, they look far less impressive than they did 30-40 years ago!

34acdd802d55f7fdc3841c3b5da3f71a.jpg

It's a bit "Y.M.C.A" but I used to collect the Rescue Heroes. £5 a pop from Woolworths back in the day, would probably get 2 or 3 a year, pretty much everytime I visited my Granny and they'd do that thing where they pay you to let them kiss you. 

fisher-price-rescue-heroes-a-look-back-at-20-years.jpg

Action Force

1456-792-PALITOY-ACTION-FORCE-STANDARD-C

I had a few of these figures. You also got vehicles and boats for them. I wouldn't "play" with them as such. I just set up dioramas and imagined little stories in my head about what they were up to.

Edited by Paul Kersey

Usual 80s stuff (Subbuteo, Lego, etc). 
 Weirdest thing was this quiz game called Lexi Data where you had to put cards into some plastic wheel thing and a wee c**t used to pop up if you got the answers right. Think it was my sisters.

ETA you can just see the wee twat top left of the yellow plastic box.

9E32A535-4D7B-42D4-B54B-2DC30043E4E7.jpeg

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

Had a 48K Spectrum when I was wee, and it's still the best computer I've ever owned. I don't care that it couldn't even play Doom.

I had the fucking Subbuteo grandstand, and I was utter shite at the game. Don't ever look up how much that stuff is worth now unless you enjoy greeting.

Tomy Super Cup Football was the tits, although the wee balls were awful for pinging off into cracks in the floorboards and suchlike. Came across one in a charity shop years ago, and you'd better believe it got bought!

Being younger than the Subutteo generation aside from Fifa we just had those shitey figures you'd get with the chocolate.. used to have a few decent Rangers players back in the day but never got a full team. I used to enjoy playing with toy army men and would enjoy setting them up when they were considered a bit old fashioned so I've always been envious of the Subutteo generation. 

Wayne-Rooney-Corinthian-big-head.jpg