League Cup Group H: Saints, Pars, Thistle, Stenny, Dumbarton

Lex

Quite happy with our options tbh, from what we could see of the first half. Plenty of pace to trouble teams, final ball lacking sometimes. Stokes needs to be more involved rather than just duffing corners but Muir looks comfortable and I'm impressed again with Wilson in midfield. 

Stenny do not look great but I assume they have players missing too. 

A completely dire second half from Dumbartons perspective, never got going at all. Stenny made changes and looked dangerous every time they went forward. We'll be glad to get this cup out the road without any more injuries and hopefully start fresh in the league.

Routine victory over plucky lower league opponents.
Good work out for new boys. Assist Kilitie, goal Main, clean sheet, three points, job done.
Six points on the board, nine needed. Next stop Stenhousemuir in seven days.

Thankfully we will have another 8-9 players available through return from injury and new signings yet to come in. There's guys in that team that are not good enough for our championship campaign never mind playing St Mirren.

Yet again, I really don't see why folk rate Edwards. Ripped again by the right winger, he then has his customary slack pass which nearly cost us a goal, Allan and Pybus were awful in midfield too. Slack passing from the back. I just wasn't the type of game to persist with the passing out from the back style, particularly when we have not yet recruited players who are comfortable/capable of  playing that way.

St Mirren were miles ahead of us, but did look a bit toothless up front.

Edited by Chubbychops