Queen’s Park 21/22

On 12/02/2022 at 09:55, OMalley58 said:

Better than Robson?! Surely you’re joking. The lad doesn’t get enough credit for my liking. He’s a quick left back that creates so many chances down the wing. There’s a reason he’s played 90 minutes of every game this season. 
I liked Patterson but I certainly don’t think he was better than Robson 

Well said sir! QPFC seems to have a bee in his bonnet about Robson. If we had midfielders with his drive and determination, not to mention skill, we’d be chasing the title instead of hanging on for the play-offs.

58 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Quite right. How dare he fund something to the benefit of the club.

There’s a list of venues in this link, which is just one manufacturer albeit the market leader. It’s certainly exalted company.

With regard to “benefit to the club”, that’s still to be measured. There’s no such thing as a free lunch, let alone a 17 course dinner😉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GrassMaster

46 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There’s a list of venues in this link, which is just one manufacturer albeit the market leader. It’s certainly exalted company.

With regard to “benefit to the club”, that’s still to be measured. There’s no such thing as a free lunch, let alone a 17 course dinner😉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GrassMaster

It certainly has come a long way since I first heard of it use; with a 15-year lifespan and up to 1,000 playing hours per year, I would expect that to be of some benefit to the first team and the club in general. 

43 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

It certainly has come a long way since I first heard of it use; with a 15-year lifespan and up to 1,000 playing hours per year, I would expect that to be of some benefit to the first team and the club in general. 

Despite the spendthrift appearance I’m sure a lifetime of seeking value for money still sits with H. Noticed one of the clubs on the list is AZ Alkmaar. Just coincidence I suppose🤨

Balanced opinion here from an artificial manufacturer. If hybrid is put into Lesser it’s clear from this Lesser would be for the first team only. Ties in nicely with the plans/ambitions for Lochinch and a couple of other sites. 

https://neograss.co.uk/hybrid-or-fully-synthetic-sports-pitches/

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

14 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Ventured past Lesser Hampden today. There's some sort of structure clearly taking shape now.

Trying to be positive about this stand, and the best I can come up is that it's definitely much bigger than the stand at Caledonian Braves.

5159e1508c56451eb7607f63731a6e25.jpg3fed985990491357a35c4291dd856feb.jpg

Surely that's not the full length of it completed? I thought the artist's design showed it venturing closer to the corner of the pitch (I realise the plan was to move the pitch a bit but still....)   

There’s toilet blocks plus food stand to be be added at either end; looks like block work judging by this. Seating total is 959 including disabled and companions. 

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Surely that's not the full length of it completed? I thought the artist's design showed it venturing closer to the corner of the pitch (I realise the plan was to move the pitch a bit but still....)   

2 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

That's what I thought too.

image.thumb.png.9255524650369cb0ccee543a5d1ac335.png

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There’s toilet blocks plus food stand to be be added at either end; looks like block work judging by this. Seating total is 959 including disabled and companions. 

image.thumb.png.9255524650369cb0ccee543a5d1ac335.png

Just looking at this again and can’t help but conclude no men were involved in the design of the toilet areas. All for having ladies at the game but the reality is now, and most likely in the future, crowds will continue to be predominantly male. Especially if the hybrid pitch will only be used for league fixtures. Area ratios are out of kilter.

Also, Poor design not to have in-out design like Firhill and many other stadia. Removes the need for doors and improves greatly on ventilation and hygiene issues. If it’s a security issue, have the doors swinging outward and tied back to the wall on matchday.