Kelty Hearts Thread

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Think we have a 99 year lease or something along those lines but for use with all the community clubs as well , don't know how the ICT thing has been put together yet 

Spot on this. We'll take the lions share of any fee from ICT. 

I can understand the pragmatic financial realism, coupled with an enhanced ability to attract central belt FT player talent that has brought this strategy to bear from ICT - but what I can't get my head around is why they would want to place that money directly into the coffers of a direct rival in next season's league, thereby improving the budget for that rival team.  Am I missing something here?

53 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I can understand the pragmatic financial realism, coupled with an enhanced ability to attract central belt FT player talent that has brought this strategy to bear from ICT - but what I can't get my head around is why they would want to place that money directly into the coffers of a direct rival in next season's league, thereby improving the budget for that rival team.  Am I missing something here?

It's clearly a win - win situation Otis.

Kelty get a big cash bung and ICT get a state of the art social club for their FT players to have a drink in after training.

On 24/05/2024 at 19:59, Otis Blue said:

Intelligence has its limits, stupid is limitless. And then there's Scott Gardiner.

On 25/05/2024 at 15:39, Ian Mcleod said:

Would be really funny if Kelty finished above Inverness next season. 

I would not be surprised.

You will probably be in the playoffs next season with our help anyway.

Might even sign a couple of our players.

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Very quiet on the squad front so far.....

I know , think Tids might be holding out to see if Lyon , Oware, Corbett sign on again before looking elsewhere ?? Get those 3 resigned then build from there maybe , who knows 😂😂

Just now, Kelheart said:

I know , think Tids might be holding out to see if Lyon , Oware, Corbett sign on again before looking elsewhere ?? Get those 3 resigned then build from there maybe , who knows 😂😂

We’ve got a situation with a player Leighton McIntosh who has been offered terms but not accepted them yet or confirmed to have accepted them yet and feel like I’m pretty much resigned to the fact that he will be away. 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We’ve got a situation with a player Leighton McIntosh who has been offered terms but not accepted them yet or confirmed to have accepted them yet and feel like I’m pretty much resigned to the fact that he will be away. 

Aye neeb pretty sure the 3 I've mentioned would surely be offered something from us but might be on the lookout for something better or closer to home , just a guessing game at this stage from us the punters 

52 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Cup draw tomorrow would take 

Aberdeen away

Dunfermline home 

East Fife away 

Clyde  home 

Sure the fixtures are usually the other way round for teams in Pot 3 - home to Pots 1 and 4, away to Pots 2 and 5

5 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Sure the fixtures are usually the other way round for teams in Pot 3 - home to Pots 1 and 4, away to Pots 2 and 5

Fixed it then neeb 😂👍

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hope Kelty cashed Caley's cheque sharpish.:lol:

That is the issue I was referring to. Seems like some good banter to have another council step on Caley's toes. 😂

However - we have previously allowed use for Dunfermline through the day. They'd have been better using our stadium.