G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

6 hours ago, ParsJake said:

Absolutely fantastic stuff, P+B is at its peak when one of the OF take a total horsing on a European night.

Only downside is when the other cheek try to get in on it like the world's most unwanted gate-crasher.

It’s always amused me, this train of thought. That somehow a Rangers or Celtic fan would be less entitled to poke fun when the other has a bad result.Β 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s always amused me, this train of thought. That somehow a Rangers or Celtic fan would be less entitled to poke fun when the other has a bad result.Β 

Very much an integral part of the "two cheeks" position, to which mist if not all diddies heartily subscribe.Β 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Very much an integral part of the "two cheeks" position, to which mist if not all diddies heartily subscribe.Β 

Indeed, but still amusing to me if there is an expectation that a Rangers fan wouldn’t or shouldn’t poke fun at last nights result.

i genuinely don’t understand why that would bother someone.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Indeed, but still amusing to me if there is an expectation that a Rangers fan wouldn’t or shouldn’t poke fun at last nights result.

i genuinely don’t understand why that would bother someone.

There’s lots of incredibly tedious, unwelcome events in life that I still have an expectation of happening.Β 

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There’s lots of incredibly tedious, unwelcome events in life that I still have an expectation of happening.Β 

Yep, I suppose the second part of my point (which was cropped out) is why it would bother you if a Rangers fan was poking fun at a poor Celtic result in the same vein everyone else is?

ETA: maybe it’s something I’ll not understand. It just adds to a perception of being unwelcome on the forum.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

Poor result for Dortmund really. Should have been more.Β 

Atlanta away next? A tough away fixture in a rowdy American city. Could be another mauling.Β 

Thank you.Β 

In a former state of the USSR too. A country where Scottish teams usually struggle.

Can't help but think that was a missed opportunity for Dortmund.Β 

They won't face a poorer side this season and you don't get a chance to score 10 (sorry Morten fans) very often.

I feel Celtic got away with it last night. Abject humiliation of course was still the end result but it could and should have been a result that lives for decades in record books.

I hope Atalanta learn from that and don't just accept single figures.

10 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Β This reminds me - has anyone actually been following the game on Sportsound???Β 
Β 

That must have been essential listening tonight… 

I did.

Quite entertaining, particularly the half time studio analysis.

Far too good domestically. Nowhere near good enough in Europe.

It genuinely must be shite being a Celtic fan. The only meaningful* matches they have are against their bigoted brothers from across the city.Β 

*Debatable given how shite Rangers are.Β 

Edited by Ron Aldo

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Far too good domestically. Nowhere near good enough on Europe.

It genuinely must be shite being a Celtic fan. The only meaningful* matches they have are against their bigoted brothers from across the city.Β 

*Debatable given how shite Rangers are.Β 

You have to appreciate the Old Firm mentality.Β  It's all about the grubby little faux religious and cultural war with their local rivals, and due to their huge domestic echo chambers, which includes the media, everything else is reduced to background noise.

9 hours ago, stressball said:

Pathetic.

Thought better of you as well, but I guess a fan that never spoke out about β€œyou only sing when you’re in chapel” when you got absolutely rinsed is to be expected eh?

No one is denying it, the point is it’s forum policy to not use it as a point scoring exercise.

But here you are.

When have posters glorified terrorism?

Seriously? πŸ˜‚