English Premier League 2021/22 Season

37 minutes ago, #Gary said:

I still can't see that as anything other than a foul tbh. 19 out of 20 times that's given as a free kick imo.

I don't particularly care nor like Man Utd. 

Either way, Maguire's attempt at defending it was pitiful and Varane should partner Lindelof but it won't happen.

Similarly, I don't care whether Sancho is fit or not. An unfit Sancho is better than any version of Martial. Sancho on and Greenwood through the middle for the 2nd half would be my change.

Matic and Fred are also nowhere near good enough.

Agree with that but McTominay was not fit to start.

If possible, United should sell Matic, Fred, Van de Beek and Lingard and sign two top midfielders. 

ETA - Mata can go too.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

This last 10 minutes by United has been absolutely dire. I don't understand how any pundit can seriously class them as challengers this season. 

United lack a leader in the centre of the park.

OGS was too slow in bringing Lingard on for Matic.

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

This last 10 minutes by United has been absolutely dire. I don't understand how any pundit can seriously class them as challengers this season. 

regardless of what many think about some of their players, they have a squad capable of winning the league, but games like this will cement it further, it won;t happen with a PE Teacher in charge.

4 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

regardless of what many think about some of their players, they have a squad capable of winning the league, but games like this will cement it further, it won;t happen with a PE Teacher in charge.

They do, but it’s also clearly a worse squad than - at least - Man City’s and Chelsea’s. And also have a clearly worse manager than both, too.

If Solskjaer isn't a total diddy (he is) today will be the day he drops his loyalty to Lindelof, (Maguire), Matic and Fred. The latter 2 have to play because the former 2 are brutal. Unless he can't run the length of himself, Varane has to play next game.

The EPL isn't good enough that this squad can't mount a title challenge, but champions don't draw that game, nor do they start the aforementioned 4 players together.

39 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

If I was a Southampton fan I don't think I'd be particularly impressed that the Board seem to think Armstrong is an adequate replacement for Ings.

I’m quite convinced they’re going down. Sold some of their best players to replace them with ones from the Championship and Chelsea’s youth team.

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

It's hard to understand why Tuchel has dropped Trevor Chalobah to bring in the mediocre Reece James.

Arteta is playing Pepe as a central striker. 😂

I’d take a guess that he wants more pace on the right side to defend against Tierney. And Azpilicueta is always going to play so naturally moves into the middle.