Elgin City 2021-22

13 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Just read that Darryl McHardy is being released. Bold move!

Huge call in Drapers 1st day in. Darryl did an interview with the P&J calling for Draper to get the job a couple of weeks ago as well. Bet he regrets that now.

Big call to bin the local lad straight off the bat.

Not sure he was the greatest influence in the dressing room and is one of those due a betting ban. Big call though, Draper stamping his authority, no longer one of the boys?

Been great at the club Darryl has but think hes slowed down a bit recently with tracking back and not as sharp as he use to be but an interesting topic with him being a local loon aswell so maybe a hard one for some fans. Hopefully a decent team rebuild coming and I’d like to see some more time for the young lads

I’d like to see the young lads Allen, Lawrence and Jamieson all having a season long loan at a top end HL team. Personally don’t think at the moment they are good enough for a regular start in a top end Div 2 side. Probably need them as squad players though which is to the detriment of their development.

2 hours ago, 1993 said:

Personally don’t think at the moment they are good enough for a regular start in a top end Div 2 side. 

Probably be ok at Elgin, then...

Lighthearted jest, nothing more.

Edited by RateofKnots

4 hours ago, 1993 said:

I’d like to see the young lads Allen, Lawrence and Jamieson all having a season long loan at a top end HL team. Personally don’t think at the moment they are good enough for a regular start in a top end Div 2 side. Probably need them as squad players though which is to the detriment of their development.

I liked Lawrence and Jamieson and think that they're better than Mitchell. Not sure if Allen is ready as he only gets the last 10 minutes if he gets on. 

14 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

I liked Lawrence and Jamieson and think that they're better than Mitchell. Not sure if Allen is ready as he only gets the last 10 minutes if he gets on. 

Forgot about us entering the Aberdeenshire League and cups, this will give the young players meaningful game time. 

• 2 weeks later...