Elgin City 2021-22

1 hour ago, cityloon said:

Shane Sutherland been released from caley is he on his way back to us or Peterhead I’d definitely take him back as we need a striker not sure if he’s full fit yet though

Do not think he is close to fitness yet. But I still think it is worth the gamble with him. Mabye on reduced terms until he could come back from injury. I see we are now the only club in league 2 that have not signed a player yet.

News out of the club seems to be even slower than normal about everything, which is some going.

20 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Not fit atm. Could be a gamble based on that.

Nice wording, he's one of the players up for the betting when he was at Elgin. Agree about taking him tho but his injuries would be an issue.

17 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

Do not think he is close to fitness yet. But I still think it is worth the gamble with him. Mabye on reduced terms until he could come back from injury. I see we are now the only club in league 2 that have not signed a player yet.

News out of the club seems to be even slower than normal about everything, which is some going.

Not got a general manager since Kieran left so information is going to be slow till he is replaced!

12 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Not got a general manager since Kieran left so information is going to be slow till he is replaced!

You have and it was it was posted on LinkedIn earlier this week.

Edited by Tonystenny

5 hours ago, 1993 said:

Still very poor updates. There must be someone else at the club has the password for the social media accounts and at least post something. Hearing Forres away 22nd of June and Caley away on 8th of July in friendlies. Why is at least that not being published. We do not do ourselves any favours at times.

On 07/06/2023 at 18:10, WeAreElgin said:

Angus Mailer won't be staying on for next season. Difficult type of player to replace.

He's signed for Bonnyrigg Rose,  is he a player you'd have kept for the upcoming season. I hope he can be a success with us.

20 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Wholehearted player who always gave 100%. Likes a tackle although sometimes a bit rash. Not a lot of quality, football wise. Would have kept him though.

Thanks 1993

Will fit in well at the 🌹 then as the management and fans like a wholehearted player who always gives 100%.

Hate being so negative before pre season has even started but I will be amazed if we are not in a relegation battle this season. Top scorer gone who we wont be able to replace to anywhere near that standard, not even a hint of a signing and the majority of last seasons squad who aren't good enough signed on again. 

Get the feeling its going to be the usual last minute loan signings from Caley/county/Aberdeen who are never any better than what we have.

Worrying times

56 minutes ago, Elgin Macca said:

Hate being so negative before pre season has even started but I will be amazed if we are not in a relegation battle this season. Top scorer gone who we wont be able to replace to anywhere near that standard, not even a hint of a signing and the majority of last seasons squad who aren't good enough signed on again. 

Get the feeling its going to be the usual last minute loan signings from Caley/county/Aberdeen who are never any better than what we have.

Worrying times

I agree it’s getting a bit worrying players getting told to go and some leaving and no signs of any signings I’m predicting the same with probably a few loan signings but there’s never been many outstanding loan signings we’ve had in the last few seasons