Elgin City 2021-22

1 hour ago, 1993 said:

Don’t think Elgin would have the money to pay for a an expensive KC. Maybe Gavin Price?

It could have been hearsay but I did hear they had paid for a top level KC. Gavin Price maybe would have been involved. Know that they did expect a big suspension at the minimum.

Was well liked by Price as he was a good professional and did whatever he was asked. That said not sure what his position is and a bit lightweight. Not the worse loan we have had though. 

13 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

Would say he was decent, no more no less. Would have him back though. Maybe needs a decent run in the team to kick on.

7 hours ago, 1993 said:

Was well liked by Price as he was a good professional and did whatever he was asked. That said not sure what his position is and a bit lightweight. Not the worse loan we have had though. 

League 2 his limit then, at least for now?

Interesting news that Elgin have pulled out of the North of Scotland Cup and entered the Aberdeenshire set up. Very good news for the youth set up I would say.  Gives a link to the 1st team above under 18 level now. Well needed especially with all the comments about struggling to recruit South based players.

10 hours ago, 1993 said:

Think you’ll have to ask Hester, his agent or Elgin board to find that out. Hopefully Elgin hold out for a decent deal or hold on to him.

Am pretty sure Kane won't dictate how much you will get and it will be down to your board.

To be fair you have every right to ask for a decent fee,I just hope it doesn't drag out for weeks.

City need to make a shape at getting put of the bottom tier - at the right end! Consisitency is all very well but 23 years is a bit much! I would have thought at the very least City could hold their own in League 1, surely? 

3 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

Interesting news that Elgin have pulled out of the North of Scotland Cup and entered the Aberdeenshire set up. Very good news for the youth set up I would say.  Gives a link to the 1st team above under 18 level now. Well needed especially with all the comments about struggling to recruit South based players.

Definitely. The Aberdeenshire cups and league is pretty competitive and hopefully will help bridge the gap from Academy to 1st team and give fringe players meaningful game time.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Am pretty sure Kane won't dictate how much you will get and it will be down to your board.

To be fair you have every right to ask for a decent fee,I just hope it doesn't drag out for weeks.

Hester will know what they are asking for though.

21 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

City need to make a shape at getting put of the bottom tier - at the right end! Consisitency is all very well but 23 years is a bit much! I would have thought at the very least City could hold their own in League 1, surely? 

I’m sure we could but need the finance to fund the acquisition of better quality players.

10 hours ago, mo83 said:

Heard Peterhead offered 30k but they want 50k. Really hope if that’s the case that we do not do that. 50k is far too much. That’s a great full time wage for a player for a season. 

A couple of clubs have enquired about Kane but their offers were "nowhere near" what Elgin are looking for.

I'd say £50,000 for a proven goal scorer isn't bad these days, if that is what City are looking for.  And before anyone jumps on me for that - I agree that it is a crazy sum, but given what other players are going for, Hester at £50k isn't steep.

12 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

A couple of clubs have enquired about Kane but their offers were "nowhere near" what Elgin are looking for.

I'd say £50,000 for a proven goal scorer isn't bad these days, if that is what City are looking for.  And before anyone jumps on me for that - I agree that it is a crazy sum, but given what other players are going for, Hester at £50k isn't steep.

It’s £50k plus a club will have to pay his wages which will be another 20 odd grand on top of that. Be very surprised if anyone took that up

1 minute ago, Am Muilleach said:

I was told we paid £50k for Rory who was 33 at the time. It worked out well for us.

Hester hasn't been as prolific as Rory clearly but is a natural finisher and still in his prime at 27 going on 28. Might sound steep but worth it IF he bags the goals and wins you a promotion (for L1 sides) or keeps you up (Championship sides). 

If I were Arbroath I'm not sure I would spend the cash on him as  @1320Lichtiesays that's money that could be spent on wages for a proven, established player at that level or higher even. Hester in the Championship is more of a risk than Hester in L1. 

Still think he'll find his way to Gayfield or Links Park over us.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s £50k plus a club will have to pay his wages which will be another 20 odd grand on top of that. Be very surprised if anyone took that up

Good.