Elgin City 2021-22

2 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Think we're clearly the worst team in the league just now, just got to hope Bonnyrigg and Albion don't pick up too many points while getting a few ourselves. Promotion play offs are gone for us.

Totally agree. So poor to watch. Without Hesters goals this season we would be comfortably adrift at the bottom

I can't get my head around how good Elgin were against us a few weeks back, and how poor they seem to have been against everyone else for a good few months now. Sons had an off day, but if Elgin had replicated that performance against us when we'd played well then I still think they've have won.

• 2 weeks later...

Who keeps interviewing Gav after games? One week it was the pitch now it is the amount of games (schedule).

Absolute cringe equally Gav seemed in quite a jovial spirit, hands in pockets.

Top stuff

Boy, are things looking grim. 2 games in hand means nothing if you cant win them (which looks unlikely the way we are playing). With Albion punting their manager aswell I worry they might get the 'new manager bounce' for a few games. A defeat on Saturday is surely the end for Gavin. We need a lift from somewhere or its Highland league bound

Strange decision to let Anderson go to BOD? The squad is now very thin with several playing with injuries as it is. I know he wouldn’t be happy not playing but unless he was disrupting the dressing room or refusing to play and he doesn’t seem that kind of lad, I would have thought that he was worth holding onto. There is now a very real possibility of HL football next year and a relatively local player would have been worth holding onto.

6 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Strange decision to let Anderson go to BOD? The squad is now very thin with several playing with injuries as it is. I know he wouldn’t be happy not playing but unless he was disrupting the dressing room or refusing to play and he doesn’t seem that kind of lad, I would have thought that he was worth holding onto. There is now a very real possibility of HL football next year and a relatively local player would have been worth holding onto.

Agree mate, thought it was  strange one. It really is a dire situation just now. We don't look like laying a glove on anyone. I get the feeling there is a 'see what happens' attitude from the board aswell. 

Has anyone saw the chairman’s interview in the press? Shambles!

”if we finish bottom we finish bottom”

”we have gave the manager everything we can”….. does this not tell you his time is up then? 

“hopefully now Hester’s case is out the way he can change his attitude and performance”……considering he’s been one of the best players in the league for some time now I’ve no idea what he means by this.

we are a total mess just now 

36 minutes ago, Elgin Macca said:

Has anyone saw the chairman’s interview in the press? Shambles!

”if we finish bottom we finish bottom”

”we have gave the manager everything we can”….. does this not tell you his time is up then? 

“hopefully now Hester’s case is out the way he can change his attitude and performance”……considering he’s been one of the best players in the league for some time now I’ve no idea what he means by this.

we are a total mess just now 

https://planetradio.co.uk/mfr/local/news/elgin-chairman-backs-manager-to-turn-around-miserable-form/

Was genuinely stunned when I seen it. Never seen such defeatist nonsense in my life. Need change from top to bottom of the club, regardless how this season pans out.

I was at the game last night, and Elgin should have won that game 3 or 4 _ 1.  Hester had plenty chances, , but most of it was down to our keeper, who was on great form, we were pinned back most of the second half. yous were just unlucky.

If yous show the same commitment for the remainder of the season, I'm sure you will be fine.

Good luck for rest of the season.

I get the flack the manager is getting but last night Hester 3-4 one on one with the keeper and never scored and another had an open goal from about 3 yards and never scored. Not much he can do about that.

10 hours ago, 1993 said:

I get the flack the manager is getting but last night Hester 3-4 one on one with the keeper and never scored and another had an open goal from about 3 yards and never scored. Not much he can do about that.

Not the manager alone no but.....

We have a majority shareholder with absolutely no interest in the progress of the football club or even just the football club as a whole.

We have a chairman/board who have no ambition to progress. And are happy just to plod along and 'what happens, happens'

We have a manager who has ran his course and ran out of ideas but will be there for the foreseeable according to the chairman, no matter what happens in the coming weeks.

we have a playing squad who on the whole aren't good enough. Any signings made are no better than what we've got and last a few months before being offloaded to highland league/junior sides.

We seem to still be getting decent numbers at the games so the fans are doing their bit. We need others to step up now!!