Elgin City 2021-22

1 hour ago, Elgin Macca said:

Not the manager alone no but.....

We have a majority shareholder with absolutely no interest in the progress of the football club or even just the football club as a whole.

We have a chairman/board who have no ambition to progress. And are happy just to plod along and 'what happens, happens'

We have a manager who has ran his course and ran out of ideas but will be there for the foreseeable according to the chairman, no matter what happens in the coming weeks.

we have a playing squad who on the whole aren't good enough. Any signings made are no better than what we've got and last a few months before being offloaded to highland league/junior sides.

We seem to still be getting decent numbers at the games so the fans are doing their bit. We need others to step up now!!

I said we needed a change from top to bottom last season. Too late to sack manager for this season just hope we manage to keep league status. Absolutely no ambition from board!!!

The majority shareholder may not personally have an interest but he annually stumps up 100k plus and I don’t see anybody else queuing up to do so and his shareholding saved this club from going under.

I don’t get the board have no ambition, just because we have not progressed does not mean lack of ambition. I wholeheartedly agree with their live within our means policy. Football is littered with ruined clubs who tried to do otherwise.

Ive said the squad is not good enough for the last couple of years but if you can’t get south players to travel north and north players to travel out with the HL you are struggling to recruit. 

I agree the manager has run his course with this squad but don’t think changing now is the answer.

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

How's Andy Tod doing for you? Looks like he's getting a bit of game time which is good, but your form is honking so guessing he's not made a huge impact....

I thought he was one of two that should've been considered for MotM.

Hello.

What's happened to Elgin? I saw them three times before Christmas. Away at Dumbarton, when I thought they were unlucky to lose. At home to Albion Rovers, when they were a bit lucky to win but looked fine. And away at Annan when I thought they were really impressive and looked like a play-off team.

What's changed since then?

8 hours ago, 1993 said:

The majority shareholder may not personally have an interest but he annually stumps up 100k plus and I don’t see anybody else queuing up to do so and his shareholding saved this club from going under.

I don’t get the board have no ambition, just because we have not progressed does not mean lack of ambition. I wholeheartedly agree with their live within our means policy. Football is littered with ruined clubs who tried to do otherwise.

Ive said the squad is not good enough for the last couple of years but if you can’t get south players to travel north and north players to travel out with the HL you are struggling to recruit. 

I agree the manager has run his course with this squad but don’t think changing now is the answer.

Who is the majority shareholder?

First of all, something was needed or we were almost certainly heading to the Highland League. Not only results but performances have been shocking for a long time.

A slight surprise given the comments from Tatters the other day but suppose it's hard to argue after the result.

I am sorry to see Gav go like this. 8 years, 4 and a half as manager, is a fair stint in the modern game especially given the travelling required. It's been up and down under him but the 19/20 season was particularly fun and if it hadn't been halted early who knows how we might've done in the play offs. He seems like a great guy and I hope he finds another club soon.

Onwards and upwards (hopefully).

Bit pointless giving gavin the boot now should of been a bit earlier but then the boards to blame aswell I think no ambition and no quality brought in this season once the downward spiral started I’d of thought they might of tried something else different then before the reality of highland league football again plus I heard rumours of the players bickering/fighting at the end of today but might not be true

8 hours ago, cityloon said:

Bit pointless giving gavin the boot now should of been a bit earlier but then the boards to blame aswell I think no ambition and no quality brought in this season once the downward spiral started I’d of thought they might of tried something else different then before the reality of highland league football again plus I heard rumours of the players bickering/fighting at the end of today but might not be true

Hester and McHardy spent a good 5 minute spell shouting and swearing at each other before the ref finally split them up,

There are also reports of a bit of a rammy between the players as they were getting on the bus  after the game a bit of fisticuffs 

9 hours ago, cityloon said:

Easy to say no ambition but they have tried hard to bring new players in, they brought a few in at Christmas, payed for overnight stay in Annan and Lilmarnock recently and apparently were on £1000 per man for a win at Ayr. Don’t see how that is lack of ambition.

8 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Easy to say no ambition but they have tried hard to bring new players in, they brought a few in at Christmas, payed for overnight stay in Annan and Lilmarnock recently and apparently were on £1000 per man for a win at Ayr. Don’t see how that is lack of ambition.

Well being in the same league for 23 years and only getting to the playoffs once and hardly anything else from it isn’t hardly pushing to get out of the league and promoted. Peterhead have came up the same time as us and been successful a few times also along with other teams that have came up through the pyramid 

1 hour ago, cityloon said:

Well being in the same league for 23 years and only getting to the playoffs once and hardly anything else from it isn’t hardly pushing to get out of the league and promoted. Peterhead have came up the same time as us and been successful a few times also along with other teams that have came up through the pyramid 

As I’ve previously mentioned lack of progress doesn’t  mean lack of ambition. Peterhead, Cove, Kelty, Ross County etc etc etc have/had vastly greater income streams for various reasons than us, so able to attract a better quality player and in our/ Peterhead case overcome our geographical barrier. You can’t spend what you ain’t got, well you can but the league’s are littered with clubs barely surviving because they tried that.

If there are investors out there I would say now is the time to come forward to the board with some proposals.

11 minutes ago, 1993 said:

As I’ve previously mentioned lack of progress doesn’t  mean lack of ambition. Peterhead, Cove, Kelty, Ross County etc etc etc have/had vastly greater income streams for various reasons than us, so able to attract a better quality player and in our/ Peterhead case overcome our geographical barrier. You can’t spend what you ain’t got, well you can but the league’s are littered with clubs barely surviving because they tried that.

If there are investors out there I would say now is the time to come forward to the board with some proposals.

I agree that’s part of it would be great with some new investment put into the club I think there’s an investor that’s in the club but doesn’t bother with the interest of the club that has plenty dosh and is more interested in land than the football so hopefully I get lucky soon with the euro millions 🤞😂