Elgin City 2021-22

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Heard Peterhead offered 30k but they want 50k. Really hope if that’s the case that we do not do that. 50k is far too much. That’s a great full time wage for a player for a season. 

Hope Elgin are not considering selling him to a club in our league. Maybe why they are asking 50k from Peterhead, put them off?

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Heard Peterhead offered 30k but they want 50k. Really hope if that’s the case that we do not do that. 50k is far too much. That’s a great full time wage for a player for a season. 

Yeah they will be wanting as much as they can and rightly so,I personally don't think they will get 50k but it won't be far off it.

I've not seen much of Kane playing to be fair the last few years,last time I can remember was Forfar V Arbroath I went too when he came off the bench and scored was the last time I've seen him play proper.

No doubt that Kane is a goal scorer but did little in the last 3 months of the season possibly due to an injury which he was carrying. I am not convinced he will do well at a higher level as he is not good  holding up the ball and linking play. His main strength is being able to outspeed defenders. He has been a great asset to Elgin and without him this season and his goals we would have finished bottom. I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up.

My money on Draper's first signing, if he becomes manager, would be Vigurs. His good mate, lives in Nairn, and will likely want some guaranteed first team action which he won't get with us.

He's great on the ball although has no legs these days, composed and can spray the passes around like he did at a higher level years ago. Would do perfectly fine in L2 alongside some willing runners 

Could be a loan rather than permanent if clubs can't mutually agree a break of his contract.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

19 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Sounds line a role that could be filled by Brian Cameron. We need a striker, some defenders and a creative midfielder.

We need a lot of players! At least 3/4 to be in the starting 11. I’d take Vigurs in a heartbeat given the chance as we will probably end up waiting to see who is left available after other clubs do their business!

Draper would worry me, it seems like a very lazy option. Hope I'm wrong.

Seeing Annan go up is a reminder how poorly we've done in this league over the years. I'd love to think it'll be our day in the near future but hope is dwindling.

On 16/05/2023 at 19:57, 1993 said:

Hope Elgin are not considering selling him to a club in our league. Maybe why they are asking 50k from Peterhead, put them off?

They want £50k regardless of the bidder. Peterhead offered a crazy salary, but it'll be likely Montrose or Arbroath if they stump up the fee.

18 hours ago, FifeSons said:

They want £50k regardless of the bidder. Peterhead offered a crazy salary, but it'll be likely Montrose or Arbroath if they stump up the fee.

I like Kane and think he’d be an intriguing signing for us… however for £50k I’m really not sure 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I like Kane and think he’d be an intriguing signing for us… however for £50k I’m really not sure 

Would be a tough one to swallow, especially since you let him go for nothing. A bit of a lower league Pogba deal. That said, if his goals kept you up, it could be worth it.

Edited by FifeSons

£50k? That's a big chunk of change for a part time team to pay out. Can't remember the last time a p/t team shelled out a lot in a transfer fee in recent years. I remember a few lower league clubs spending 4 figure sums to junior teams for players, but they tended to be 2k and the like. Morton (a full time team) paid 150k for Templeman from Brechin in the early 2000s and Hamilton, also f/t, paid 17.5k (which I believe was a jnr record) for Carrigan when they were first promoted to the then SPL. Anyone remember any sizeable part time transfer fees in relatively recent years?

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

£50k? That's a big chunk of change for a part time team to pay out. Can't remember the last time a p/t team shelled out a lot in a transfer fee in recent years. I remember a few lower league clubs spending 4 figure sums to junior teams for players, but they tended to be 2k and the like. Morton (a full time team) paid 150k for Templeman from Brechin in the early 2000s and Hamilton, also f/t, paid 17.5k (which I believe was a jnr record) for Carrigan when they were first promoted to the then SPL. Anyone remember any sizeable part time transfer fees in relatively recent years?

Darvel paid 12K for a player last year.

6 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

David Syme from Kilwinning.

Queens Park paid £25k for Arron Healy from Arthurlie at Xmas apparently

Former Killie player, Syme.

QP also f/t these days though (and another living off of a benefactor).

Edited by Sweet Pete