Elgin City 2021-22

1 hour ago, 1993 said:A return for Ross Jack I don’t think is out of the question and Dean Donaldson at Turriff has a good reputation and May fancy a go at a bigger club.

Where is Ross Jack these days?? I thought he was a cracking manager for Elgin and had you playing brilliantly, for the most part, although having Craig Gunn definitely helped. Must admit, he was someone that I had a soft spot for and surprised he never got a chance higher up.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Where is Ross Jack these days?? I thought he was a cracking manager for Elgin and had you playing brilliantly, for the most part, although having Craig Gunn definitely helped. Must admit, he was someone that I had a soft spot for and surprised he never got a chance higher up.

He is at Rothes, I think he might also do coaching at the Highland Academy. I too liked him as a coach. I think for him like Price, it was just time had run it’s course and the players needed a different voice. 

On 17/04/2023 at 15:40, 1993 said:

They have already said they will wait to see what league we are in before recruiting, which is fair enough. If it were to be the HL then possibly CC would be in with a shout if he continues to do well and if he wants it. Draper also winding down his career may fancy a shot at it. The other obvious candidate at HL level is Graeme Stewart but he might not fancy leaving a successful club for another HL club. A return for Ross Jack I don’t think is out of the question and Dean Donaldson at Turriff has a good reputation and May fancy a go at a bigger club.

If we are in Div 2 I would think it will be a south based manager or someone in the north with a south based assistant. Draper might be a candidate in this scenario. I’ve no doubt there will be a lot of names in the frame.

Whoever it is will need to have contacts as recruitment has been and is difficult and a squad overhaul is needed.

Just my thoughts.

Yea good post. All reasonable names. I think Draper would be favourite just now if he feels management is a route he wants to go down

On 17/04/2023 at 20:41, 1993 said:

He is at Rothes, I think he might also do coaching at the Highland Academy. I too liked him as a coach. I think for him like Price, it was just time had run it’s course and the players needed a different voice. 

He's a youth coach at The Caley as his day job.

Anyone of the 3 can finish bottom. It does not matter who they all play as everyone is capable of beating each other. I did not fancy our chances today with the new manager bounce and our chosen team looked weak. Is Brian Cameron injured again? We need to win at home next week against Dumbarton who have nothing to play for to give us a chance as Bonnyrigg away in the final game will be really tough if it is still relevant

There really is nothing like football. Awful game today and looking like needing something at Bonnyrigg next week to stay off bottom. Then the scenes when Draper popped up with that 94th minute winner make it all worth while. 7 points fae 9 at BB in the last few weeks have kept us up. What a relief

12 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

There really is nothing like football. Awful game today and looking like needing something at Bonnyrigg next week to stay off bottom. Then the scenes when Draper popped up with that 94th minute winner make it all worth while. 7 points fae 9 at BB in the last few weeks have kept us up. What a relief

Aye, can relax next Saturday.

A draw will do Bonnyrigg, Rovers have to win and hope City do the business.

Would like Draper too stay in some capacity. He could still do a job as a player, body willing but think he is popular with the players and would obviously be a good influence in the dressing room. I think the manager or his assistant needs to be based in the Tayside/Fife area as we need players from that area.

Over the last month or so I've heard murmurings that Kane has signed a PCA with us but is it all hearsay or fact? Guess we'll find out soon.

He'd be brilliant for us in my opinion, especially in L1 where eventually we might end up. Do you think he partners best with a target man? Thought the partnership with Shane was top class. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Don’t think he partnered with Shane that much. If memory serves he very much played second fiddle to Shane when he first came and maybe partnered with Shane if he played deeper. We very rarely played with 2 up front.

The rumour is he is going to Cove but he can’t have signed a pre contract agreement as he still has a year maybe two on his contract with us. 

1 minute ago, 1993 said:

Don’t think he partnered with Shane that much. If memory serves he very much played second fiddle to Shane when he first came and maybe partnered with Shane if he played deeper. We very rarely played with 2 up front.

The rumour is he is going to Cove but he can’t have signed a pre contract agreement as he still has a year maybe two on his contract with us. 

Maybe just against us then I remember him playing alongside Shane. Was a brilliant strikeforce for L2 that's for sure.

Forgot he signed a further extension so you're right can't be PCA. If we go down he might be tempted by a Championship offer. Arbroath very much on the lookout for a striker and obviously played for them before

6 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

He has looked utterly disinterested of late so wouldn't be surprised if he was away. 

To be fair, he's probably been disinterested because the team have not given him the service he needs. As I've said previously, I'd be surprised if a team were interested in him next season as the SFA/SPFL have yet to deal with the betting allegations and I reckon that he receive a long ban.

If he gets the right service to him when up front he should be a decent player for cove as said before he’s not been up to his best with us lately but some of the service that he’s been getting is pretty poor so if he’s got a decent midfield behind him then he’d probably become a hit again

5 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

He has looked utterly disinterested of late so wouldn't be surprised if he was away. 

I have thought similar but his reaction at full time on Saturday was certainly not of someone who didn't care. Was really animated for several minutes and along with Darryl probably celebrated the result the most in the team.