Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

Looking forward to the trip to Ayrshire on Saturday, I'd have preferred a later k-o but it'll do. Will there be a programme for the match?

I've seen us play you just the once IIRC which was a midweek friendly at your old ground maybe 15 years ago. Should be a rip-roaring cup-tie and I think Rovers can get the win.

19 minutes ago, roy of the rovers said:

Looking forward to the trip to Ayrshire on Saturday, I'd have preferred a later k-o but it'll do. Will there be a programme for the match?

I've seen us play you just the once IIRC which was a midweek friendly at your old ground maybe 15 years ago. Should be a rip-roaring cup-tie and I think Rovers can get the win.

Programmes haven’t been issued in years, I’m afraid.

14 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

I was at Albion Rovers earlier in the season for the Killie game. We were welcomed that day, cracking old school ground, great people running Rovers.

Enjoy your trip to Buffs Park on Saturday, but not at the expense of a Kilwinning win 😂.

The Buffs march into the next round of the South Challenge Cup with a dominant and comprehensive win.

A brilliant free kick and a penalty from Mark Lamont had Buffs on easy street before sub Gavin Millar rounded things off with a superb third.

With a depleted squad due to injury and suspension, young Sam Duncan done the youth pathway proud with a man of the match performance in central midfield.

Onwards and upwards COYB 🔵⚪🔵⚪

FB_IMG_1700322657985.jpg

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

And that about tells us the level of most of the Lowland League.

Buffs dominated the game today, from start to finish, despite being curtailed by injuries and suspension to key players.

I saw Rovers against Killie in a League Cup sectional tie earlier in the season, they were far better then. They look like a club struggling to cope with their demise, very low on confidence. I was told today that there's been a number of resignations at board level. Hopefully, as a club, they'll pull through.

As it is, we've played Cowdenbeath and Rovers in recent weeks and there's been no noticeable difference in standard. No doubt there are better teams in the Lowland League though.

Overall, at a guess, the standard of the WoSFL Premier League is likely to be higher than the Lowland League, just my opinion.

A substandard performance from the Buffs yesterday. 4 ex Buffs in the Winton lineup who were fired up for it. Liam McGuiness still a class act in the middle of the park.

All the best to Winton in the next round of the West.

Cambuslang Rangers in the league up next for the Buffs.

FB_IMG_1700990887822.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A hard fought but entertaining game tonight.

The game hinged on a bizarre penalty call. Referee who was close to it didn't award it, a wee lino with 20/20 vision awarded it from the half way line. Some real inconsistencies from the officials too in a game with double figure bookings, how Burgh kept 11 men in the park beyond me.

Plenty of work for the Buffs to do to try and get out of this league in one go. Burgh should expect promotion for the pot of money that they are spending.

FB_IMG_1703111387155.jpg

24 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

A hard fought but entertaining game tonight.

The game hinged on a bizarre penalty call. Referee who was close to it didn't award it, a wee lino with 20/20 vision awarded it from the half way line. Some real inconsistencies from the officials too in a game with double figure bookings, how Burgh kept 11 men in the park beyond me.

Plenty of work for the Buffs to do to try and get out of this league in one go. Burgh should expect promotion for the pot of money that they are spending.

FB_IMG_1703111387155.jpg

A very decent game in trying conditions with Burgh just sneaking it. The ref was inconsistent and the penalty was a delayed reaction but the noise at the time suggests there might be something in it.

Ling way still to go in the league with plenty teams in contention.

9 hours ago, Mine Man said:

A very decent game in trying conditions with Burgh just sneaking it. The ref was inconsistent and the penalty was a delayed reaction but the noise at the time suggests there might be something in it.

Ling way still to go in the league with plenty teams in contention.

The noise at the time was only the Burgh players and bench screaming and haranguing the referee at they did for absolutely everything. The number of bookings for Burgh players says all you need to know about their pre planned antics. I suppose it's all part of the game these days, but not a part of the game I particularly like.

15 hours ago, glensmad said:

funky, what were your thoughts on the game v Glencairn last weekend ?

I didn't make it to Rutherglen sadly. Mates that were there said it was a hard fought and entertaining game, a draw being a fair result for both sides. Your excellent highlights reel seems to back this up. What did you think?

3 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I didn't make it to Rutherglen sadly. Mates that were there said it was a hard fought and entertaining game, a draw being a fair result for both sides. Your excellent highlights reel seems to back this up. What did you think?

I can't take any credit for the highlights, that's all Gerry's work. Yeh it was hard to argue with a point each on the balance of the game. We played the majority of the game without a striker as McManus got injured early and couldn't continue and we had no other strikers on the bench, so that blunted our threat somewhat, although young Austin Sime (a midfielder) put in a decent shift as a makeshift forward.

The red card for our goalkeeper in the last minute was a ridiculous decision, having seen the video. Even if Scott Law did handle outside the area (questionable), there is no way in the world that it could be described as "denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity", as our defender Alan Dunsmore was shielding the ball back to Law and would unquestionably have cleared the ball had Law not grabbed it.

22 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I can't take any credit for the highlights, that's all Gerry's work. Yeh it was hard to argue with a point each on the balance of the game. We played the majority of the game without a striker as McManus got injured early and couldn't continue and we had no other strikers on the bench, so that blunted our threat somewhat, although young Austin Sime (a midfielder) put in a decent shift as a makeshift forward.

The red card for our goalkeeper in the last minute was a ridiculous decision, having seen the video. Even if Scott Law did handle outside the area (questionable), there is no way in the world that it could be described as "denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity", as our defender Alan Dunsmore was shielding the ball back to Law and would unquestionably have cleared the ball had Law not grabbed it.

Looks like we both suffered with our strikers. Dylan Mackin is out for the season and Graham Boyd is playing through an injury/illness and leading our line alone. That's why getting Bryan Boylan in is such a good piece of business.

Mates didn't mention the sending off much. From our perspective it was probably too late to make much of a difference.

It's a tough league. From what you've seen, which clubs do you think are favourites for promotion?