Afghanistan Crisis

Dreadful state of affairs, obviously widely reported but to have the human element of people directly knowing those refused emigration is just horrible to read, hopefully they are safe.

The last time the Taliban entered Kabul they abducted President Najibullah from the UN, tortured him to death, and dragged his castrated body through the streets.

Given this you can hardly blame Ghani for buggering off, no doubt with a slice of the national reserves 

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I’m not fan of Biden but if he is correct then it highlights how shite the Afghan army is.

Not necessarily, he just got it wrong about whose side they were on.

2 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

To be fair usa usa usa did have a great Olympics. Wars they haven't been quite so good at.

What do you expect from a country that can't even defend Capitol Hill from a rabble.  That said, they're fairly decent in Hollywood films.

Watched a documentary not long ago about the Taliban fighting against ISIS.  This all looks too orchestrated for my liking.  The new bogie man is ISIS, the USA have more or less told the Taliban, this is your fight and fucked off, for them to get on with it. 

Place is going to turn shite very soon.

Reports that the Taliban have assured Shia that they will be free to worship and have appointed a Shia governor of the mainly Hazara Bamiyan region.

There have also been reports of female workers sent home and told to send their male relatives in to work in their place, and of female teaches and pupils being told they have to either stay at home or wear the chador. 

most tin-eared response by far must be this 

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Reports that the Taliban have assured Shia that they will be free to worship and have appointed a Shia governor of the mainly Hazara Bamiyan region.

There have also been reports of female workers sent home and told to send their male relatives in to work in their place, and of female teaches and pupils being told they have to either stay at home or wear the chador. 

most tin-eared response by far must be this 

"Sisters" probably won't be hanging in there. Firing squad, maybe.

Linking two recent news story together, consider the vile shite in Plymouth who killed several people including his own mother and a three year old girl.

Imagine that instead of being in  Plymouth, he had joined the Taliban in Afghanistan.

First of all, he would have looked the part.  His attitude to women could have remained unchanged.  His comments would have been typical.  His actions would not even have been a news story.

That is the full horror of Afghanistan.

For me, the Taliban is evil in the same way as the Nazis or the Khmer Rouge.

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Watching the news on a few different channels and experts are expressing surprise at the speed of the advance. I appreciate it's after the event, but is anyone on here surprised? I can't say I am.

I didn't think they'd be as quick as they have been.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Watching the news on a few different channels and experts are expressing surprise at the speed of the advance. I appreciate it's after the event, but is anyone on here surprised? I can't say I am.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

I didn't think they be as quick as they have been.

I have no idea, but the US intelligence community certainly should certainly have known.  Looks like a massive failure on their part.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Were they expecting the US/UK trained Afghan army to mount a spirited defence of the country?