Denmark v Scotland

3 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I think that much is obvious.  I stated we're in a unique position.  It was pointed out the Denmark had lost players.  I responded to clarify that they've replaced them all.

So back to point one, we're the only country in this absurd position.

So you are blaming Steve Clarke for not calling up replacement players? He's fucked things up for us?

Edited by 2426255

9 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Well, it's not my fault or yours is it?

That's really unforgiving in my view and I think a bit unfair to basically disbelieve his explanation and hold him wholly responsible, I'd give him the benefit of any doubt - but it's fine, let's draw a line under it and move on.

Edited by 2426255

I'm all for Fraser at RWB, it might well give there full back something to think about defensively, This is definitely a free hit, balls out and go for the win. 

Gordon

Hanley Cooper Tierney

Fraser                                           Robbo

Mcgregor Gilmour 

Chrisitie

Adams Dykes 

22 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

I'm all for Fraser at RWB, it might well give there full back something to think about defensively, This is definitely a free hit, balls out and go for the win. 

Gordon

Hanley Cooper Tierney

Fraser                                           Robbo

Mcgregor Gilmour 

Chrisitie

Adams Dykes 

I like the positive attitude, better than the other half of miserable, closed minded, crabbit old guard on here. 🙄

Edited by 2426255

Except for RWB and possibly McGinn, it’ll be pretty close to a starting 11 that we’d have expected.

Will probably be a bigger test of our right sided centre back as he’ll have to defend a fair bit more to compensate. I’d say that Armstrong is now one of our biggest misses because he’s played at RWB before too and I’d have taken him defensively over Fraser. Nae bother though - just got to make sure the ball gets kept on our left side 😉

I’d be tempted to put Christie upfront with Adams and stick Turnbull at the top of the midfield. McGregor and Gilmour seemed to work well vs England so would be excited to see that again tonight.

27 minutes ago, bleedingums said:

Except for RWB and possibly McGinn, it’ll be pretty close to a starting 11 that we’d have expected.

Will probably be a bigger test of our right sided centre back as he’ll have to defend a fair bit more to compensate. I’d say that Armstrong is now one of our biggest misses because he’s played at RWB before too and I’d have taken him defensively over Fraser. Nae bother though - just got to make sure the ball gets kept on our left side 😉

I’d be tempted to put Christie upfront with Adams and stick Turnbull at the top of the midfield. McGregor and Gilmour seemed to work well vs England so would be excited to see that again tonight.

I can't ever remember Armstrong playing as a wing-back, and I don't think he's good in the wider areas of the pitch at all.

That's really unforgiving in my view and I think a bit unfair to basically disbelieve his explanation and hold him wholly responsible, I'd give him the benefit of any doubt - but it's fine, let's draw a line under it and move on.
A few days back there was an article on BBC sport outlining the process behind a Scotland squad gathering - from timetables to WhatsApp groups, covid testing and more. One of the things they covered was how some 40 players are sounded out about a call up before the 26 man squad is finalized. This gives some room for manoeuvre in the event of injury etc, in that you ideally have some 14 guys on standby.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53908999

In that respect, the claim that it would be too much of a rush to get replacements ready, covid tested and transported to Denmark suggests the standby system is flawed. We all knew covid was still an issue, and that the transfer window was closing this week, so surely the standby process should be designed to cope with this.

In essence, I blame the process as opposed to SC (unless of course he had absolutely no RB candidates on the standby list, which would be strange).

Definitely agree about playing games on the first Wednesday - it's really a load of shite that we shouldn't again have to do after this game.

Having triple headers has been quite fun for some reasons but they definitely shouldn't be the norm.

49 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I can't ever remember Armstrong playing as a wing-back, and I don't think he's good in the wider areas of the pitch at all.

Fairly certain I remember him playing there for Southampton but could be wrong. Either way, disagree about his effectiveness out wide and the main point was that he’d be better defensively than Fraser. Moot point anyway, though, because he’s injured.

Absolutely bizzare people defending Clarke for not having called any replacement players and leaving us short. Have a bit of balance ffs.

Even if your his closest mate from school its impossible to defend this as anything less than a f**k up.

Apart from players what else has he forgotten, Strips? Balls?

Edited by BingMcCrosby