Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

Have met a few media folk.

Liam McLeod is a decent sort, Jim Spence is not as deranged as you would expect. Tom Miller is a w**k.. Chic Young actually is a St Mirren fan.

On 30/05/2024 at 21:30, Shandon Par said:

Met John, John Super John Watson the other night. He couldn’t get a table straight away so was off to the pub for more cocktails before his curry house table was ready. He was really nice. 

image.thumb.jpeg.370de001d51a348154e357dd4ab7e5b2.jpeg

Fucking hell.

Colin Hendry with an 80s Bon Jovi hairstyle playing in his Y's.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Have met a few media folk.

Liam McLeod is a decent sort, Jim Spence is not as deranged as you would expect. Tom Miller is a w**k.. Chic Young actually is a St Mirren fan.

I’m assuming you met him a while back.

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m assuming you met him a while back.

Initially just before COVID, and then more recently. He recalled a visit to Bayview in 1970 in the Scottish Cup when there was right rammy at half-time between East Fife and Dundee fans. It did happen. A 15,000 crowd.

7 minutes ago, btb said:

Does touching Peter Gabriel's bum when he was crowdsurfing count?

BTW it was quite flabby!

We went to 'Who Dares Wins' in the Fringe many years ago, and a nude Tony Robinson sat on my wife's knee during a sketch where he went into the audience. 

I was a umbrella holder for her royal deadness Elizabeth while she was visiting a demonstration of our units military strength on the banks of the Rhine, no one told that one of the vehicles she was standing next to was going to fire an anchor on to the other bank, she absolutelly shat it, proper jumped and let out a high pitched scream, made my day. Also Chuck, Di and their kids, Anne from the lizard family. Had a few drinks with Spicy McHaggis before a Dropkick Murphys gig in Glasgow, handled Jello Biaffra as he crowdsurfed singing Holiday in Cambodia. 

1 hour ago, Plumpy said:

handled Jello Biaffra as he crowdsurfed singing Holiday in Cambodia. 

My parents made a belter of a home insurance claim when my wee brother got thrown into the brand new plasma TV (it was a few years ago) to California Uber Alles at a house party

I managed to get a lift off Sir Ranulph Fiennes, as he was 'lost' in Yeovil. The road system is that nonsensical here, it managed to confuse Britain's greatest living explorer....
He had asked for directions and I said it'd be best if I jumped in his motor and directed him there. Got him to where he needed to be, he thanked me and comped me a ticket to a talk he was giving.

Also had a good chat with Gary Moore of Thin Lizzy fame. We were both at his niece's wedding. I remember when I first saw him in the church I thought "Look at the state of him". He was wearing a really crumpled linen suit and looked rough as fXXk. Then It clicked who he was and I was in awe. 

His sister introduced us at the reception and we just chatted about various bits of crap. He liked that I was a jock, him being from NI (the wedding was in Somerset). He was on the orange juices then, shame he fell off the wagon and drank himself to death.

I was excited to meet Eric Milligan the provost of Edinburgh at the tartan day parade in New York

I tried to get the random he was with to take a photo of me and Eric but he wasn't up for it

Later turned out the random was Sean Connery and I hadn't recognised him. I don't know if that counts as having met a movie star or not

On 03/06/2024 at 19:34, SomersetBairn said:

I managed to get a lift off Sir Ranulph Fiennes, as he was 'lost' in Yeovil.

Not really a good look for the boss of MI5, is it.

7 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I was excited to meet Eric Milligan the provost of Edinburgh at the tartan day parade in New York

I tried to get the random he was with to take a photo of me and Eric but he wasn't up for it

Later turned out the random was Sean Connery and I hadn't recognised him. I don't know if that counts as having met a movie star or not

Whit ? How in the Name of Bog can an Edinburgh man stand beside Shir Shean and not recognise him ?

Were you off yer tits on smack at the time ?

Posted (edited)

Spoke to King Charle around 1981/82 when he visited my workplace. Also a few from stll games, Hazel Irvine, the gay actor from Mrs Brown Boys and John McGinn  😇   at an award do in Glasgow. Also a few SMP of all parties in the Parliament in Edinburgh during a campaign. Wife also got her photo taken with SAF in Paisley during an Investing in people award around 20yrs ago. 

Edited by tam the bud
Spelling error

20240606165036.thumb.jpg.5a17f5a6f4b9655e6356a56ac4fa375e.jpg

Got a photo with Elise Chrisite the other day. And seem to be the only person in my social circles to know who she is (From Speed Skating ya perverts!). Did extremely well to keep my eyes forward in the photo. 

Saw Katie Price at Central today. Think she's an arsehole of the highest order so had no intention of getting a photo with her. She looks remarkably worse in real life. 

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

20240606165036.thumb.jpg.5a17f5a6f4b9655e6356a56ac4fa375e.jpg

Got a photo with Elise Chrisite the other day. And seem to be the only person in my social circles to know who she is (From Speed Skating ya perverts!). Did extremely well to keep my eyes forward in the photo

Saw Katie Price at Central today. Think she's an arsehole of the highest order so had no intention of getting a photo with her. She looks remarkably worse in real life. 

Aye, in the photo.  

P.S. I thought that was Brad Pitt in the photo (after a rough night admittedly).