Insulate Britain

I was pretty much in the "don't really give a shite" camp, but on observing that these folk seems to be riling a few of the forum's gammony moonhowlers, may their glue hold fast. 

Also LOLz aplenty at the tough guy inking them in full knowledge that none of them would do anything about it. Proper alpha male stuff right there 😂

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

So once again it's in almost all cases (and as far as I can see all recorded cases) minor inconvenience then. You can just say you don't like them you don't have to keep inventing situations in your head to justify why their peaceful protest boils your piss so much pal 

Are you omnipotent? How do you know how many people were mildly inconvenienced and how many were affected more seriously?

I disagree with their actions. If it comes down to like/dislike, then yes, I dislike their actions. 

39 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

What are they hoping will happen as a result of these random road blocks?

I would assume they’re hoping to achieve their stated goals of getting the U.K. government to: 

• Fully fund and take responsibility for the insulation of all social housing in Britain by 2025

• Produce within four months a legally-binding national plan to fund and take responsibility for the full insulation retrofit, with no externalised costs, of all homes in Britain by 2030

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Are you omnipotent? How do you know how many people were mildly inconvenienced and how many were affected more seriously?

I disagree with their actions. If it comes down to like/dislike, then yes, I dislike their actions. 

Of course I'm not omnipotent, but if I was going to try and be all teary eyed about how vital healthcare procedures are not being carried out due to some pensioners gorilla gluing themselves to an off ramp of the M25 I'd at least have some evidence to hand. Otherwise I'd be making a piss poor, hysterical argument that only showed my politics and priorities are quite bizarre. But that's just me. 

I’m probably spectacularly missing the point here, but if it’s only mildly inconveniencing the general public, then what’s the point?

If we’ve learned anything over the last 5 years (at the very least), it’s that those who can affect meaningful change don’t give a flying f**k about whether or not anything influences the general public.

Wouldn't the protesters be better off majorly inconveniencing those that can actually do something about what they’re trying to effect?

8 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Of course I'm not omnipotent, but if I was going to try and be all teary eyed about how vital healthcare procedures are not being carried out due to some pensioners gorilla gluing themselves to an off ramp of the M25 I'd at least have some evidence to hand. Otherwise I'd be making a piss poor, hysterical argument that only showed my politics and priorities are quite bizarre. But that's just me. 

Sadly, I’m not a roving reporter in London, going along the queue of cars, vans, lorries…ambulances, and asking for their stories.

In keeping with the Sainsbury’s dirty protest suggestions earlier in this thread, I am interested in seeing London motorists taking the pissing on them anti-protest. That’s taking things up a notch from ink.

334E0362-924D-478A-AAB0-0502DD52C993.png

16 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I would assume they’re hoping to achieve their stated goals of getting the U.K. government to: 

• Fully fund and take responsibility for the insulation of all social housing in Britain by 2025

• Produce within four months a legally-binding national plan to fund and take responsibility for the full insulation retrofit, with no externalised costs, of all homes in Britain by 2030

Hopefully they achieve their goals. 

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Sadly, I’m not a roving reporter in London, going along the queue of cars, vans, lorries…ambulances, and asking for their stories.

In keeping with the Sainsbury’s dirty protest suggestions earlier in this thread, I am interested in seeing London motorists taking the pissing on them anti-protest. That’s taking things up a notch from ink.

334E0362-924D-478A-AAB0-0502DD52C993.png

Good to know you share the views of Daily Mail commenters, stay mad bro! 

Tbf there is no excuse to be driving about London unless you're a courier or need equipment to do your job, you'd be quicker getting public transport as opposed to Edinburgh were a 30 minute drive can be 2 hours on public transport.

57 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If we’ve learned anything over the last 5 years (at the very least), it’s that those who can affect meaningful change don’t give a flying f**k about whether or not anything influences the general public.

This Grenfell was a massive scorched landmark over London's most affluent borough and the council made it look nice before it gets pulled down, wasting money rather than spending it on taking down similar dangerous cladding which the Government gave the go ahead.

The government don't give two fucks no idea how you get them to move on an issue, hit their pockets but that's easier said than done.

I’m probably spectacularly missing the point here, but if it’s only mildly inconveniencing the general public, then what’s the point?
Wouldn't the protesters be better off majorly inconveniencing those that can actually do something about what they’re trying to effect?

I feel this way often but dismissing folk who are unable to make a big splash under modern capitalism ignores that we are all atomised and cut off from any actual ability to make a substantial impact on the world. If they’re pissing folk off and making the national press then tbh good for them. I’ve did plenty of protesting and it’s managed pretty much f**k all.

3 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Of course worker's rights in this country should be far stronger to the point that being unable to attend work due to e.g. a protest disrupting travel should mean no loss of earnings

Away and don't talk such shite, who is going to pay for the loss of earnings?  Unless your answer is the protesters then you haven't thought this through at all.

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Sorry I wasn't looking for comments but thank you 

Apologies.  I didn't know you were  posting proclamations.  I'll know next time.

Any chance that you could proclaim who is going to pay for people not getting to their work due to protests.