Insulate Britain

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Be better if the people of Glasgow weren't such shitebags when anti-catholics or Michael Collins cosplayers are stopping the traffic 

Didn't she used to be in Eastenders?

That's one angle.  Another angle is - the presence of a person on a road shouldn't be a green light for a seething motorist to run them over in their unnecessarily massive motor because they've been delayed by 15 minutes on their pishy school run or whatever.  
Motorists don't own the fkin roads, nor do all legal and moral obligations disappear just because you're a car driver and you think the road belongs to you.
This. The number of people in the last week I have heard casually claim they would themselves, or think its ok for others to hurt or even kill protestors is mind blowing.

19 hours ago, greendot said:

They're not getting a good reception in Glasgow anyway :thumsup2

The same video appeared back in 2019, it's somewhere in the USA I think.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, resk said:

That's one angle.  Another angle is - the presence of a person on a road shouldn't be a green light for a seething motorist to run them over in their unnecessarily massive motor because they've been delayed by 15 minutes on their pishy school run or whatever.  

Motorists don't own the fkin roads, nor do all legal and moral obligations disappear just because you're a car driver and you think the road belongs to you.

Whilst true, the original point still stands.

Someones going to give these fannies a sore face sooner or later.

CLIMATE protesters have been letting down the tyres on SUVs in Glasgow.

Anonymous protesters have reportedly targeted vehicles parked in the West End of the city, where the COP26 climate conference is being held.

Jamie MacConnacher flagged one incident on Twitter.

Sharing an image of a flyer left by the protesters alongside one of a flat tyre, he wrote: “Vehicles around the west end have been targeted overnight.

“Understand the need for change but acts of vandalism and criminal damage are not the answer!”

He told the BBC he had come downstairs to find his "two front tyres had been totally deflated

12 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Can't wait to hear how SUV drivers in the West End of Glasgow are poor wee infantilised working class figures desperate to get to their starvation wages job 

Already had some wummin on facebook giving it "What if they need the car to get the weans to school?"

Walk. Or get a fucking taxi. If ye live in Hyndland and own a big motor I'm sure you can afford an Uber

As much as I'm not a fan of the latest fashion to have an SUV, there are people who genuinely need them due to mobility issues. My parents as an example whilst not having any form of disability are in their late 60s and are starting to struggle to get into anything lower down now, they've been forced into an SUV as they can't get another C-Max. When I sold mobility cars it was genuinely a sad day for the customers when the Toyota Verso was taken off sale as private customers had completely abandoned the market segment. This forced alot of these drivers into SUVs they didn't necessarily want and aren't necessarily as capable of what they need. Your average fanny in a Qashqai doing the 2 minute school run on the other hand deserves to have their wheels replaced by bricks. 

(The dislike of SUVs is nothing to do with the climate, I just think they are shite, overpriced and compromised in alot of ways compared to the cars they are based on.)

11 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

As much as I'm not a fan of the latest fashion to have an SUV, there are people who genuinely need them due to mobility issues. My parents as an example whilst not having any form of disability are in their late 60s and are starting to struggle to get into anything lower down now, they've been forced into an SUV as they can't get another C-Max. When I sold mobility cars it was genuinely a sad day for the customers when the Toyota Verso was taken off sale as private customers had completely abandoned the market segment. This forced alot of these drivers into SUVs they didn't necessarily want and aren't necessarily as capable of what they need. Your average fanny in a Qashqai doing the 2 minute school run on the other hand deserves to have their wheels replaced by bricks. 

(The dislike of SUVs is nothing to do with the climate, I just think they are shite, overpriced and compromised in alot of ways compared to the cars they are based on.)

We have one, but, like you say, it's out of necessity. Our two oldest daughters are disabled and the oldest in particular has mobility issues which make getting in and out of a 'regular' car very difficult for her, not to mention she needs a particular type of car seat which doesn't fit into many smaller cars.