Insulate Britain

So now it is perfectly acceptable to let peoples car tyres down because they drive a certain type of vehicle? Because climate? :lol:

You people are fuckin crazy. What next? Breaking windows when people have their heating on too high?? :lol: 

Do we have a 'people that need setting on fire' thread? 🤔

9 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

You people are fuckin crazy. What next? Breaking windows when people have their heating on too high?? :lol: 

What is the climate impact of having your heating on full blast with the windows open?

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

What is the climate impact of having your heating on full blast with the windows open?

Absolutely this.

I’ve been wondering how Scot Gov have been getting off with this line lately.

Schools must be firing through energy to keep temperatures up and it’s not even really winter yet.

It's all pishing in the wind and not addressing the real issue -

In less than 100 years, the world’s population has nearly quadrupled, rising from a population of two billion in 1928 to over seven billion in 2019. This growth in population has directly impacted our environment. We’ve consumed more resources in the last 50 years than the whole of humanity before us which means, as our population dramatically increases, our resources deplete .

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/no-kids-better-for-the-environment-a4198451.html

Someones going to give these fannies a sore face sooner or later.

CLIMATE protesters have been letting down the tyres on SUVs in Glasgow.

Anonymous protesters have reportedly targeted vehicles parked in the West End of the city, where the COP26 climate conference is being held.

Jamie MacConnacher flagged one incident on Twitter.

Sharing an image of a flyer left by the protesters alongside one of a flat tyre, he wrote: “Vehicles around the west end have been targeted overnight.

“Understand the need for change but acts of vandalism and criminal damage are not the answer!”

He told the BBC he had come downstairs to find his "two front tyres had been totally deflated

Bet he felt let down when he saw that.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
7 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
Well no, because this would result in wasted energy. I don't think you're quite following the principle here.

So is turning on a compressor to blow up your tyres or even better phoning the AA to drive out and do it for you.

I'm sure the people affected by this have lungs

3 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

It's all pishing in the wind and not addressing the real issue -

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/no-kids-better-for-the-environment-a4198451.html

Absolutely no doubt about it that you will have a legal maximum number of children per couple imposed in the not to distant future. 

2 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Absolutely no doubt about it that you will have a legal maximum number of children per couple imposed in the not to distant future. 

If they do you'll have to get by on your own when you get old and incapable.

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

They're only deflating the tires. Just keep a foot pump in the boot and yer fine. 

The photos I've seen show the tyre completely flat with the full weight of the car bearing down on the sidewall which will ruin the tyre.

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

As much as I'm not a fan of the latest fashion to have an SUV, there are people who genuinely need them due to mobility issues. My parents as an example whilst not having any form of disability are in their late 60s and are starting to struggle to get into anything lower down now, they've been forced into an SUV as they can't get another C-Max. When I sold mobility cars it was genuinely a sad day for the customers when the Toyota Verso was taken off sale as private customers had completely abandoned the market segment. This forced alot of these drivers into SUVs they didn't necessarily want and aren't necessarily as capable of what they need. Your average fanny in a Qashqai doing the 2 minute school run on the other hand deserves to have their wheels replaced by bricks. 

(The dislike of SUVs is nothing to do with the climate, I just think they are shite, overpriced and compromised in alot of ways compared to the cars they are based on.)

I've got  Qashqai. Didn't know it was an SUV though. Every day's a schoolday. Fortunately our school run's 20 minutes so you won't be nicking my wheels.