Hibernian v Celtic

Lawwell will be having a word with the Scotsman's editor...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/hibs-1-celtic-3-gubbins-ange-postecoglous-men-sparkle-but-away-fans-show-ugly-side-during-walter-smith-minutes-silence-3435284

The Green Brigade never surprise. Pleasantly. Yet, even for them - or those who attach themselves to this ultra group - the denigration of the minute’s silence to Walter Smith felt like a new low. I was about to make my way along from the far end of the Hibs main stand, and so was in position to look down and across to the visiting support when the mark of respect to an immense figure and great man began. The loud “boo” and the “**** off” that immediately followed the silence beginning came undoubtedly from just behind the Green Brigade banner. As did the bird whistling which punctured it.

Celtic’s away support isn’t dragged to the gutter by just one faction, though. That was demonstrated by most of the away end singing Roaming In The Gloaming, with its “**** King Billy and John Knox”...Knox, the head of a church of course. Similarly, with chants of Orange b*****ds - Orange shorthand for Protestant in the same way it is understood the use of ****** in the west of Scotland means Irish Catholic. Let no pious Celtic supporters claim sectarianism is entirely one-sided. They have an away support that disproves that contention.

23 minutes ago, bennett said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/hibs-1-celtic-3-gubbins-ange-postecoglous-men-sparkle-but-away-fans-show-ugly-side-during-walter-smith-minutes-silence-3435284

The Green Brigade never surprise. Pleasantly. Yet, even for them - or those who attach themselves to this ultra group - the denigration of the minute’s silence to Walter Smith felt like a new low. I was about to make my way along from the far end of the Hibs main stand, and so was in position to look down and across to the visiting support when the mark of respect to an immense figure and great man began. The loud “boo” and the “**** off” that immediately followed the silence beginning came undoubtedly from just behind the Green Brigade banner. As did the bird whistling which punctured it.

Celtic’s away support isn’t dragged to the gutter by just one faction, though. That was demonstrated by most of the away end singing Roaming In The Gloaming, with its “**** King Billy and John Knox”...Knox, the head of a church of course. Similarly, with chants of Orange b*****ds - Orange shorthand for Protestant in the same way it is understood the use of ****** in the west of Scotland means Irish Catholic. Let no pious Celtic supporters claim sectarianism is entirely one-sided. They have an away support that disproves that contention.

It's not a surprise to see you in the gutter press zippy,yes there was a few idiots in the away end plus there is fans in the crowd that don't even know who Walter Smith was.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

NIsbet and Shankland are two strikers who are slightly too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Premiership. Flatter to deceive to get into the Scotland squad when we have a dearth of strikers, and then they will quickly disappear. Expect NIsbet to attract interest from a relegation haunted Belgian side in January.

I'm not sure that's the case. Last season, the only player in the SPFL who scored more goals was Edouard, so he clearly can perform at this level, but that's not carried over into this season. Something has changed - whether it's a change in his attitude or that he's not a good lone frontman (last season he had Christian Doidge beside him a lot of the time; this season, Doidge has a long-term injury so it's just Nisbet on his tod) or something else I don't know.

Edited by Aim Here

6 hours ago, SDG2 said:
13 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:
https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?354562-Gutless-spineless-and-embarrassing
Even on .net tonight there's still some people defending Hibs due to the 2nd half performance. These morons would defend Hibs if we were relegated 3 years in a row. 

That peevemoor is a complete and utter gimp. Argumentative wee fanny whos either incredibly thick or a decent troll. Either way he gets away with ruining numerous threads on there with his pish cause hes mates with the admins.

4 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Of course there is, like I say, the place is full of people that would defend the club if they increased ticket prices to £126 per game.

There's a few posters on there who won't let anyone have go at the club. 

Really good performance from us in that first half. Best at ER since the 5-0 win in 2012. My only complaint is we need to take our chances more as it could’ve been 5 or 6!

Rogic was great before he got his injury, speedy recovery to the big man. Delighted with last night, first win at ER since 2014 in the Scottish Prem! 

2 hours ago, bennett said:

If the moron who wrote this had done the slightest bit of research he would find that the Green Brigade sing just about every ‘dodgy’ song apart from Roamin in the gloaming. I genuinely cant remember the last time I heard this song aired in a stadium or ever hear the full crowd singing it. On a positive note however at least you have moved on from posting Sun articles.

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Gets a bit irritating when every match thread descends into the same chat, even worse when it’s a *** dropping in to post it. People in glass houses…..

Maybe if you stopped the sectarian singing people would talk about the football.