Normal Island

5 hours ago, approximately dave said:

At least you would be warmer in that than an actual sausage roll from Greggs.

12 hours ago, pub car king said:

BBC News - Captain Sir Tom Moore's daughter ordered to demolish home spa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-66100178

Oh dear 

She even called it the "Captain Tom Building".

You have to respect the grift.

If you're going to do it, be 100% shameless.

Edited by Steve_Wilkos

On 30/06/2023 at 08:25, Leith Green said:

Some dick from Bristol thought carving his birds name on The Colosseum was a good shout.

I think he might have been arrested now - the fanny.

English tourist accused of carving name in Colosseum says he did not realise its age

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jul/05/english-tourist-accused-of-carving-name-in-colosseum-says-he-did-not-realise-its-age

I remember a few years ago one of the reservoirs in Derbyshire submerging an old village dried up and the ruins were, for a short while, accessible for anyone wanting a go. Fuckers carved their name all over it and pilfered parts of the old foundations too. I'll never understand why people can't leave things be.

1 hour ago, superwell87 said:

C**t is clearly at it.

Tbf he bit he scribbled on was only built in the 1800s, and the Romans were mad graffitists. He's still a very naughty boy though.

Years ago, I remember some tourists wrote their name in black marker pens on the rocks at Skara Brae. They sent conservators up on an urgent mission to try to fix it.

Quick look at the news articles from the time:

The culprits may have left an important clue in their daubings. They wrote: "Brian Finlay slept here 13-8-2007" and "scouse celts"

Of course one of the arse cheeks was involved...

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Years ago, I remember some tourists wrote their name in black marker pens on the rocks at Skara Brae. They sent conservators up on an urgent mission to try to fix it.

Quick look at the news articles from the time:

Of course one of the arse cheeks was involved...

Daubers.

Robert Jenrick is beneath contempt.

"The immigration minister ordered staff at an asylum reception centre to paint over pictures of cartoons and animals to ensure children did not feel welcomed, it is claimed."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jenrick-braverman-small-boats-b2368990.htm

What kind of human qualifies as a Minister of the Crown these days?

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

"The immigration minister ordered staff at an asylum reception centre to paint over pictures of cartoons and animals to ensure children did not feel welcomed, it is claimed."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jenrick-braverman-small-boats-b2368990.htm

Just been reading about this. You think these scumbags have reached the bottom but they find a way to go further. f**k Jenrick, f**k the Tories, and f**k every single last one of their enablers.

4 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Just been reading about this. You think these scumbags have reached the bottom but they find a way to go further. f**k Jenrick, f**k the Tories, and f**k every single last one of their enablers.

The good news is the murals will be repositioned in the Rwanda Air departure lounge.

download (5).jpeg

There's something especially grim about doing it to spite kids as well - god only knows how it feels to be a five or six year old on the trail these people are on, and they proactively  take measures to wipe even the slightest smile off their face. 

Absolute b*****ds.

11 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I had a great highly enjoyable childhood mainly because everybody I knew did a brilliant job convincing me that the world was a fun, happy,   loving place (even if I was too young to know otherwise).

Nothing in my life involved war and destruction, fleeing my home with nothing but the clothes on my back, having to put my life in the criminal gangs who might get me to Blighty or let me drown (depending on whatever made the most profit).  I can not imagine the ordeal of these children who deserve better (as all children should), and I would think that reaching dry land, you would finally be safe.

Yet this scum thinks otherwise.

Build him a time machine and send him back to live in Nazi Germany.  The only place for him.   

"Quite right; there should be no luxuries for these filthy foreign scroungers" - Tory voters.

Wonder if they've looked into paying the people smugglers to drown refugees in the Channel, or if that'll need to wait until after we've withdrawn from the ECHR.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Even by the standards these b*****ds have set, this is a stunning story.

Unadulterated nastiness. 

If it's like any immigration offices I've seen there's a three day queue outside before you even get in the waiting room. It'll take more than Mickey Mouse to make you feel welcome.

• 2 weeks later...