Normal Island

Meanwhile, in a "House of Lords" in a crazy democracy...

"Lord Meston and Lord De ­Clifford last week landed lifelong seats as crossbench peers – entitling them to claim a daily attendance of £323 – ­after qualifying through birthright and writing an election pitch of just 75 words each.

Following Lords reforms in 1999, most hereditary peers were removed from the upper chamber, leaving 92 seats – which are all held by men."

This post contains far more than 75 words.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along...

(Edit to add source...https://www.thenational.scot/news/23809488.outrage-peers-elected-lords-just-23-votes-75-words/ ... some folk might not like the source, but I have no reason to believe that the content is either inaccurate or biased.)

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Meanwhile, in a "House of Lords" in a crazy democracy...

"Lord Meston and Lord De ­Clifford last week landed lifelong seats as crossbench peers – entitling them to claim a daily attendance of £323 – ­after qualifying through birthright and writing an election pitch of just 75 words each.

Following Lords reforms in 1999, most hereditary peers were removed from the upper chamber, leaving 92 seats – which are all held by men."

This post contains far more than 75 words.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along...

Oh, we absolutely need a P&B Election thread. Every poster has 75 words to justify their existence or be punted.

(I've got nothing BTW - well overdue being retired)

I mean we can argue back and forth what wokeness is and how annoying it might be but there's something very Britishly gross about a guy who's disappeared because of a pattern of sexual assaults getting pages in probably the biggest and worst political magazine in the country to talk about it.

(Offences which he first tried to blame on the labour left and trans activists, then when caught out blamed it on being a former alcoholic (the last offences took place after he claims to have quit) and which had to be reported in the NYTimes because his mates at the guardian tried to rubbish the claims)

23 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Britons absolutely do not like to laugh at themselves. They like to laugh at foreigners and people from other parts of Britain.

God help people trying to correctly answer this fairytale pish. The people born and bred here would fail it.

27 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

20230926_183547.thumb.jpg.907141ebd5d4fb6d65b082d02e9fd424.jpg

What is the charge ? Eating a meal, 200 succulent Chinese meals.

Some of my mates used to pay a guy via Snapchat to order discounted Domino's for a fiver and I'm pretty sure the guy was just using other people's cards, what a weird ass market to get involved in. Doing deets just to scran on pizza. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Some very important stories being discussed on Normal Island news. 

Can't believe the producer let that ramble on when it could cause them to be taken off air by the regulator.

I'm not sure how they justify that they are fit and proper to be a licencee.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Can't believe the producer let that ramble on when it could cause them to be taken off air by the regulator.

Hopefully this sees the downfall of Fox and Wooton and an end to GBnews. Absolute scum the lot of them.

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Hopefully this sees the downfall of Fox and Wooton and an end to GBnews. Absolute scum the lot of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/sep/27/laurence-fox-gb-news-comments-ava-evans-investigation-inappropriate

Wootton's wooly 'I'm sorry you're offended' apology is a complete piss-take and as for Fox........................he's just a pathetic specimen.

I would.

But saying that is sexist, so I can't, even if I mean it in a supportive way.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

I think what I'm saying is I'd like to as part of a consensual act.

It's academic anyway, as she wouldn't pish on me if I was on fire. Not that I'm suggesting she should pish on me.

Remember when GB News used to pretend they were a legit alternative to BBC and Sky News?

Everyone involved in those comments being broadcast should be banned from appearing on TV again.

Even a tosser like Brillo Neil saw the writing on the wall and got out of Dodge asap.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I would.

But saying that is sexist, so I can't, even if I mean it in a supportive way.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

I think what I'm saying is I'd like to as part of a consensual act.

It's academic anyway, as she wouldn't pish on me if I was on fire. Not that I'm suggesting she should pish on me.

^cucked incel, imho.