Normal Island

6 hours ago, Fullerene said:

In the Pink Panther films the case is solved without anyone being killed, whereas Midsomer Murders has a murder rate higher than some war zones.

Haven't seen the PP films in years but my recollection is that there were plenty of innocent bystanders killed when Clouseau bent down to tie his shoelaces etc.

5 minutes ago, btb said:

Haven't seen the PP films in years but my recollection is that there were plenty of innocent bystanders killed when Clouseau bent down to tie his shoelaces etc.

I haven't seen them in years either!

News just in, Spanish authorities have continued to refuse assistance from Scotland Yard. However, a highly trained team of nail technicians and beauticians will arrive on Monday. They can't come until then as the weekend is really busy.

Jay Slater’s disappearance has exposed the horrifying cruelty of social media

Hypocritical Independent feature writer (formerly a travel correspondent) bemoans the "horrifying cruelty of social media" while gleefully quoting several examples. 

“Has the search party looking for Jay Slater tried shouting ‘Autoglass repair’. If he’s in the vicinity he will shout back ‘Autoglass replace’,” read one.

“If #JaySlater has been on the gear then he’ll have a dose of the munchies. Has anyone thought about shouting ‘Domino hoh hoo’ into the valley?”, went another.

“I’m sick of hearing about that evil c*** that’s gone missing in Tenerife, Harry Kane and Phil Foden have been missing since 16th June and no one set a GoFundMe to find them”

The rest of the world should be forced to share everyone else's pain rather than find a bit of dark humour?

Laughed at the Autoglass one which has made my day that little bit brighter.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Helen Lovejoy nonsense like this conveniently forgets that people make jokes in real life too and always have done. If I was the parent of a child lost in a foreign country I think Facebook is the last thing I'd be reading.

I dare say if he wasn't a Thug that beats people whos also at very least involved with drug dealers in the area he went missing people would maybe have a tad more sympathy. 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

I dare say if he wasn't a Thug that beats people whos also at very least involved with drug dealers in the area he went missing people would maybe have a tad more sympathy. 

#bekind

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

What is the purpose of the Gofundme money?

To get tee times booked before the Lancashire Police arrive to assist in the search.

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

If I ran the duty free I’d be selling parachutes to all these folk that have trouble not falling off Catalan cliffs and Balearic balconies. 

image.jpeg.395bbec9403d9404603af5528ae360cf.jpeg

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

image.jpeg.395bbec9403d9404603af5528ae360cf.jpeg

Fair point, if there was one P&B poster you'd bet on going missing and getting stuck to a cactus for a week it would would be our good friend Shands 

18 hours ago, MacDuffman said:

Family wanting to take funds from Gofundme to send numerous other family members over for a spot of sun.

Sounds like the sort of thing grifters would do. 

17 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Pay off the drug dealers who are holding him

More like pay for the entire Slater clan's beano to the Canaries.

Mountain Rescue costs? In an arrid and brutal landscape I don't think there will be much to rescue, unless he's miraculously surviving by eating insects for sustenance and sucking off mountain goats for hydration. 

Screenshot_20240628_100333_X.thumb.jpg.d45afe4fc5513ba3ce6d7a05a3789f1f.jpg