Normal Island

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

That doesn’t look good obviously, but nothing will excuse the actions of the police officer once the guy was on the ground. 

I dont think the stamp etc in isolation looks great at all. Only thing i can see is that hes just taken several very heavy punches to the head there, have taken a sore one before in a fight and felt disorientated, but wont know if thats the case until a trial and medical evidence is heard. Regardless horrible situation. I still think he’ll be charged.

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

The footage is almost irrelevant, you just can’t volley people in the head - even more so as a Police Officer. 

Ultimately, there are quite clearly no victims there (of those fighting) - just varying levels of idiots. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Red mist certainly descended on the  cop just before that kick. he was certainly out of control and will be punished no matter what. I wonder what he witnessed beforehand to make him behave that way. Possibly witnessed a grown man strike a (female)colleague hard in the face. A colleague he may have liked/been in a relationship with/married to? Maybe same male or his  pals tried to take his gun off him? Can't imagine the fear of that happening and the consequences if he succeded 

Wonder if this had all kicked off in a hospital and a female nurse had been badly assaulted and a male nurse had reacted in this same way. Would it have resulted in the outcry we've seen.

Lot of blind support for the cop in these circumstances but also a lot of blind support  for a group of males who kicked off in an airport, assaulted a number of emergency services staff and came off second best. Whilst I don't believe the cops actions were justified I also believe that if you think any man who assaults a female, under any circumstances, should not suffer any consequences you need to have a long hard look at yourself.

17 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Red mist certainly descended on the  cop just before that kick. he was certainly out of control and will be punished no matter what. I wonder what he witnessed beforehand to make him behave that way. Possibly witnessed a grown man strike a (female)colleague hard in the face. A colleague he may have liked/been in a relationship with/married to? Maybe same male or his  pals tried to take his gun off him? Can't imagine the fear of that happening and the consequences if he succeded 

He was the officer that received about 8-10  punches to the head from both the males in the video before being dragged to the ground by the one who was tasered. 

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

How fucking thick do you have to be to start throwing punches at armed police in an airport?

They're represented by a lawyer that spends half his time on TikTok. They are very thick indeed. 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

That doesn’t look good obviously, but nothing will excuse the actions of the police officer once the guy was on the ground. 

It’s clearly a foul, but is it a red? Im not so sure. 

I’m certain the collective intelligence  twitter isn’t up to this

and I suspect it may even be a bit beyond the more advanced intellectual capabilities of P&B 

We need Christina Unkel on the job here

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont think the stamp etc in isolation looks great at all. Only thing i can see is that hes just taken several very heavy punches to the head there, have taken a sore one before in a fight and felt disorientated, but wont know if thats the case until a trial and medical evidence is heard. Regardless horrible situation. I still think he’ll be charged.

This is pretty much where I am with this though.  A fair few punches from the first guy to the head then sucker punched to the back of the head from the second guy.  He actually did exceptionally well getting both of them down, then he fucked it at the end.

No sympathy for the guy that got a shoeing either.

19 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

This is pretty much where I am with this though.  A fair few punches from the first guy to the head then sucker punched to the back of the head from the second guy.  He actually did exceptionally well getting both of them down, then he fucked it at the end.

No sympathy for the guy that got a shoeing either.

One thing that someone i know with firearms experience has said is that apparently one of the guys had been tasered and got back in the fight, thats pretty significant. Regardless, my prediction is that he is charged and put to trial, its too high profile that cps wont not charge unless the investigation shows a significant head injury or that there was some kind of attempt to take the handgun in the ongoing stramash. The only video with sound we have seen is the edited footage from the boys being paraded on tv, id be very keen to hear the bodycam footage and the unedited mobile phone footage to be clear if there is actually any attempt to take a weapon, imo the cctv released there isnt clear enough. I say that because that raises the stakes quite significantly. Regardless i think this goes to trial. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Unedited footage.

He's taken a few blows to the head, his wpc colleagues aren't up to the physical challenge and I can see how he needs to get the situation under control quickly/take the brothers out of the fight.

But stamping on the guys head is still hard to justify.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

He's taken a few blows to the head, his wpc colleagues aren't up to the physical challenge and I can see how he needs to get the situation under control quickly/take the brothers out of the fight.

But stamping on the guys head is still hard to justify.

Shes just had her nose broken with a punch to the face mate, i think we’d all struggle to be up to the challenge there would we not? Ive said before, ive taken a couple blows to the head whilst trying to get control of someone, ended up being choked and help arrived just in time, the blows just completely floor you and confuse you. Regardless i think it will take strong justification for a stamp and thats why i think it will go to court. 

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

No surprise to hear that Sweet Caroline shite playing.

It's about time that fucking dirge was cancelled. Let's make this the start. 

The fact he never waited until they were in the back of the wagon before putting the boot in indicates he's not received the proper training.

6 months off the beat and sent to PC Cabe for re-education.

The cop will be charged due to the public interest. Even if he's cleared at court (i can see a sympathetic jury) he'll be booted out by the force in question as its all about "reputationl damage".

In terms of the other party he should be looking at charges of ABH and Affray/Violent disorder depending on how many were involved. 

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The cop will be charged due to the public interest. Even if he's cleared at court (i can see a sympathetic jury) he'll be booted out by the force in question as its all about "reputationl damage".

In terms of the other party he should be looking at charges of ABH and Affray/Violent disorder depending on how many were involved. 

He'll be transferred to the Met and promoted to Assistant Chief Constable

9 hours ago, throbber said:

“March for freedom” protest going on today 

Given the nick of your average British Nazi I don't think having a march in hot weather was a good idea. 

mlk.jpg.5dd64d1c7deb34f9a5075572068a6002.jpg

And this is what a real "March for Freedom" looked like, not a lot of racist f*ckwits.

5 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Wonder if this had all kicked off in a hospital and a female nurse had been badly assaulted and a male nurse had reacted in this same way. Would it have resulted in the outcry we've seen.

Lot of blind support for the cop in these circumstances but also a lot of blind support  for a group of males who kicked off in an airport, assaulted a number of emergency services staff and came off second best. Whilst I don't believe the cops actions were justified I also believe that if you think any man who assaults a female, under any circumstances, should not suffer any consequences you need to have a long hard look at yourself.

The consequences were him being floored by an electric current. He was clearly incapacitated when the copper kicked and stamped on his head. The guy on the deck is quite clearly a scumbag as well but there's never any justification for stomping on someone's head. It's the work of a fucking scumbag. That a police officer did it is quite frightening.