Normal Island

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Seems a bit unusual that, if they knew the location of where the phone last appeared, why wasn't this searched right away? I'm no detective or anything, but probably a good shout. 

Maybe something more suspicious going on, perhaps I should head over to conspiracy theories. 

image.jpeg.d0a7a03816366a2612842d358109a26e.jpeg

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Seems a bit unusual that, if they knew the location of where the phone last appeared, why wasn't this searched right away? I'm no detective or anything, but probably a good shout. 

Maybe something more suspicious going on, perhaps I should head over to conspiracy theories. 

Telecoms data isnt the most reliable. Once saw an example of someone being in proximity of a mast at point a, but in reality because of how cell towers in rural areas work, they were actually at an elevated position over 10 miles away which was the only spot in that locale which actually picked up the signal from that particular mast, im not good with science but its to do with direction of the mast, its azimuth and the erf waves. Re the clothes being near the body, 2 weeks in warm weather maybe led to decomposition or the clothes ripping as he fell from height. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Telecoms data isnt the most reliable. Once saw an example of someone being in proximity of a mast at point a, but in reality because of how cell towers in rural areas work, they were actually at an elevated position over 10 miles away which was the only spot in that locale which actually picked up the signal from that particular mast, im not good with science but its to do with direction of the mast, its azimuth and the erf waves. Re the clothes being near the body, 2 weeks in warm weather maybe led to decomposition or the clothes ripping as he fell from height. 

Thanks for that, wasn't quite aware, although I kinda assumed they maybe had access to GPS data from an App on the phone, but yeah if not, conspiracy theory debunked and I've wasted my morning making a tinfoil hat. 

On 25/06/2024 at 21:25, eindhovendee said:

Doesn't seem to be much let up in the idiocy shown on FB. Scary thing is these fuckers all vote which is why you get Reform polling at 16%

Anyway, my 2p worth as someone that lived there over 15 years is:

a) if he's wondered off in the Masca area he's fucked. You could easily fall a few hundred feet down a ravine and your body or whats left of it could lie there for years before being found.

b) if he's fucked over the Moroccans that run security/drugs over there he's already fish food by now and the best they can hope for is that some part of him floats ashore to confirm he's a goner.

In the meantime Facebook is very entertaining for once.

Screenshot_20240625_211414_Facebook.thumb.jpg.50c70e8f51e424311a07f0c13de1e687.jpg

Screenshot_20240625_211012_Facebook.thumb.jpg.9ec49e5d5f69b10868da242f9247566f.jpg

Called it.

Unless he was flung over the ravine by drug dealers...

pa-7f-187827-c-264-43c-6-bdcb-a-9c-6fe-88ca-32-20180210110702-d15eae-rv.jpg.50c945ab9c50df0d178a43298124fdda.jpg

2 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Thanks for that, wasn't quite aware, although I kinda assumed they maybe had access to GPS data from an App on the phone, but yeah if not, conspiracy theory debunked and I've wasted my morning making a tinfoil hat. 

No, there is sometimes ways into phones ie find my iphone or what3words, but a lot of the time if the phone is dead then its not reliable. Lots of variables, some even as simple as if the family know the passwords to the itunes account etc. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No, there is sometimes ways into phones ie find my iphone or what3words, but a lot of the time if the phone is dead then its not reliable. Lots of variables, some even as simple as if the family know the passwords to the itunes account etc. 

I can worry less about the CIA tracking my every move then? 

Just now, thistledo said:

I can worry less about the CIA tracking my every move then? 

Oh they are next level, ive heard things from a friend who is in a federal agency and the access these people have is unbelievable, but yeh dont think the cia are reading your messages and passing them onto maryhill cid no. But i do think they may have filters for certain words etc. 

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Oh they are next level, ive heard things from a friend who is in a federal agency and the access these people have is unbelievable, but yeh dont think the cia are reading your messages and passing them onto maryhill cid no. But i do think they may have filters for certain words etc. 

Yeah I've heard a few things from a friend working in a UK based similar organisation. Guess we'll never really know. 

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

Maybe they should have brought in that beautician lassie to head the search.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Oh they are next level, ive heard things from a friend who is in a federal agency and the access these people have is unbelievable, but yeh dont think the cia are reading your messages and passing them onto maryhill cid no. But i do think they may have filters for certain words like BOMB, ASSASSINATE, COCAINE, PLUTONIUM.

Really? 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Why on earth would the CIA be interested in my data? 

They're welcome to it. 

Unless they get a hard on about East Fife's history, ridiculous number of (cough) major trophies etc.

16 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

They're welcome to it. 

Unless they get a hard on about East Fife's history, ridiculous number of (cough) major trophies etc.

Unless he's talking about the Cowdenbeath Intelligence Authority, then you've got to think those keywords might flag you up...

Although, actually, scrap that. I just mentioned Cowdenbeath and intelligence at the same time. As you were.

52 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

They're welcome to it. 

They arent, they are interested in intercepting data that will assist them, electronic contact is like physical contact in that every contact leaves a trace. I genuinely dont think the cia has a wee guy called bill whos job it is to look at what cosmic joe and inanimate carbon rod are buying on amazon, but if we were extremists talking about certain things then im sure this would flag up in some way. This is a much bigger aside from the mobile data stuff that was part of my original point. I do seem to remember that they couldnt track a particular group properly because they used to communicate using draft email folders in a web based email server, now that is incredibly simple yet genius. 

17 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They arent, they are interested in intercepting data that will assist them, electronic contact is like physical contact in that every contact leaves a trace. I genuinely dont think the cia has a wee guy called bill whos job it is to look at what cosmic joe and inanimate carbon rod are buying on amazon, but if we were extremists talking about certain things then im sure this would flag up in some way. This is a much bigger aside from the mobile data stuff that was part of my original point. I do seem to remember that they couldnt track a particular group properly because they used to communicate using draft email folders in a web based email server, now that is incredibly simple yet genius. 

I quite like the idea of a wee guy called Bill from the CIA being given the job of following Cosmic Joe on Amazon.