Normal Island

19 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

About £17 for a Vodka and Coke while two folk shag on a stage and Judge Jules plays in the background. It's no for me really 

Saltcoats

Nick a bottle of Glens, watch a ned and a nedette shag up a close and hear the Sons of William play gentle flute music in the background. 

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Saltcoats

Nick a bottle of Glens, watch a ned and a nedette shag up a close and hear the Sons of William play gentle flute music in the background. 

I live in Larkhall so it would be a bit of a bussman's holiday for me tbh but I appreciate the suggestion

26 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

These selfish wallopers....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c5ykz4nr11no

It would be better if the fine was the price difference between, travelling during term and travelling during holidays.

My English niece's School apparently let you off if the attendance for the rest of the year has been faultless

Which is the equivalent of taking a yellow card for a professional foul in the 89th minute

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

It would be better if the fine was the price difference between, travelling during term and travelling during holidays.

Yes, but they'll learn SO much more in the cruise ship creche than they would in the State Indoctrination Camp!

Besides, there's nothing more important than drunken swinging in foreign climes quality time spent teaching your family entitlement.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Don't have an issue with this one tbh. Not them specifically as they have their own business and can clearly choose when they take time off. 

It's a bit shit for folk who have alloted holiday blocks though. If they can't get them swapped to the school holidays (personally I'd have had no chance in my last job) it's harsh they can't have a holiday with their family as a result. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

f**k off with that! no everyone can just take their holidays whenever we like, plenty people work jobs where they are fixed allocations and you can't change them. If its exam time or whatever then fair enough but for n 8 year old they'll be fine, schools can f**k right off

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Don't have an issue with this one tbh. Not them specifically as they have their own business and can clearly choose when they take time off. 

It's a bit shit for folk who have alloted holiday blocks though. If they can't get them swapped to the school holidays (personally I'd have had no chance in my last job) it's harsh they can't have a holiday with their family as a result. 

Not necessarily, Depending on what you do, it can be a balancing act of trying to pick quiet times, can you afford to close?  If not getting enough staff to cover you, making sure they can handle any curveballs that you usually would. If it was that easy then everyone would do it

45 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Ardrossan and Saltcoats are joined together. Basically like a shite Ayr/Prestwick.

I am reading the book Caledonian Road at the moment, set in London but has a whole chapter dedicated to Stevenson.  Go figure.

On 18/08/2024 at 19:10, Cosmic Joe said:

I'm also kind of conflicted here, as I believe in giving everyone a second chance, but who is going to educate/ rehabilitate an inherently racist individual on their release from prison?

I'm guessing someone called Teresa or Sandy if the council have it in the budget.

Charities will work with virtually anyone. We had multiple murderers volunteering with us on day release, including a lassie who'd killed several men in Glasgow (wid, obviously). On a few occasions, I worked with a guy who'd spent most of his life in jail for violent racist assaults; it was almost amusing to see how he blamed absolutely everything, from his transport being late to the weather being bad, on "our ethnic friends".

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Not necessarily, Depending on what you do, it can be a balancing act of trying to pick quiet times, can you afford to close?  If not getting enough staff to cover you, making sure they can handle any curveballs that you usually would. If it was that easy then everyone would do it

I'd still say someone who has their own business has more flexibility than a worker that's given their holidays. 

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

There's something about these fart-faced Karens harping on about "family this" and "family that" that really f**ks me off.