Celtic v Hibernian. League Cup final, 19th December

Flybhoy

Kyogo has without a doubt went down easily a couple of times, but the absolute frenzy of radio phone ins, comments from pundits on TV and countless opinion pieces have blown the whole thing way out of proportion, to the point that folks minds are made up and he has a set in stone reputation now. You saw it yesterday when he slipped in the first half, he didn't claim for anything and got up straight away but folk on here and Twitter were giving it the 'theres that pesky wee cheat trying to con the ref again' patter.
It's happened loads of times to loads of players, and Morelos has probably suffered from the same thing. From here on in Kyogo will always be snivelling con artist bringing that diving shite into Oor Game[emoji769] regardless of whether he's been fouled or not. He'll be booed at most grounds in the country and the default setting will be to assume he's at it again. It's not really a big deal and in some sense it's all just part of the pantomime (that i would probably partake in if he was an opposition player) but it is interesting to see how quickly the narrative around players and their personalities can form.
If you trace back to when these types of allegations started being made against Kyogo, there's probably an interesting conversation to be had but that's for another time. There's definitely a grain of truth in the idea that he spends a fair amount of time on the deck, although i'm not sure he's quite as cunning as folk make out, think the fact he has the build of a 12 year old and plays in Scottish football might have something to do with it too. 
He's deservedly got a reputation as he hasn't played a game since he got here without throwing himself to the ground for next to no reason, great player but needs to stay on his feet.

36 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think you’d be hard pressed to find a ref that would give a nip or pinch as a foul unless it is to someone’s face.

In terms of your second point, yes, it’s a cautionable offence if a player pretends to have been fouled, but it is equally a cautionable offence if a player attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury, which is what I believe Kyogo has been guilty of.

It's also laughable trying to find a negative in his play when he has just won the cup for Celtic with his brilliant movement and sublime finishing.
I pretty much don't care what you believe Kyogo is guilty of and the agenda or narrative that is trying to manifest itself.
So far his time at Celtic is very positive,plays with a smile on his face and enjoys winning with the ability he knows hes got.
The hatchet men of the Scottish game will try anything to stop him, Kyogo is just playing the same wee games.

17 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Better watch, kingjoey will be along to critique your sentence construction, sad c**t that he is. 

I think that should provide the context of my critique, which followed your critique of my post. I’m certainly not going to badmouth you, sad c**t that I am.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

The Celtic fans at the match wouldnt have seen it, but there was one in the first half where the ball had been cleared,  and Kyogo and Hanlon were next to each other (but not "close together") and - much in the same way as the Souttar one - a sniper in the stands must have shot him.

Hanlon looked at him the same way Souttar did because he was unquestionably looking for a pen. This was 5 minutes after his (actual accidental fall) at the other side of the box.

Hes a very talented player, but his play acting is horrendous.

You mean the one he just loses his footing and falls without ever looking for a foul aye?

Because the other time he went to ground he didn’t protest for a foul either.

Edited by stressball

19 minutes ago, stressball said:

You mean the one he just loses his footing and falls without ever looking for a foul aye?

Because the other time he went to ground he didn’t protest for a foul either.

I think the other occasion was a push in the back but was already flagged for offside 

6 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

If my dad was a Rangers fan I’d execute him. Get it done.

Not sure that you’ve thought this one through. If your dad was a Rangers fan, and you turned out to be a Celtic fan as a kid, you may not be around to execute him.

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The fact Scottish football is still using an outdated system when the rest of the world is moving into digital system is the problem plus the Scottish referees are being left behind.
We all want the decisions to be more consistent not the grey area or interpretation of the guy in the middle only seeing it from one angle. 

You may not have seen the raft of absolute howlers from VAR over the past two weeks in particular, but if you had you would not want that anywhere near our game.

Was very tempted... but resisted the urge to bask in the glorious P&B seethe, until now.

Celtic weren’t at their tippety top gear on Sunday and Hibs threatened to cause and upset in the second half.
However, those sublime goals by our Japanese bhoy sealed the deal.
Our first piece of silverware wrapped up for Christmas.
Festive greetings to one and all.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's also laughable trying to find a negative in his play when he has just won the cup for Celtic with his brilliant movement and sublime finishing.
I pretty much don't care what you believe Kyogo is guilty of and the agenda or narrative that is trying to manifest itself.
So far his time at Celtic is very positive,plays with a smile on his face and enjoys winning with the ability he knows hes got.
The hatchet men of the Scottish game will try anything to stop him, Kyogo is just playing the same wee games.

Aye, that’s fair. As I said before, there’s no doubting his ability. He is looking like a bargain at the price you got him for.

This has just turned into something that I never really intended, it was mainly a comment about him splitting opinion that I felt needed to be clarified that it isn’t his football ability that is splitting it.

4 hours ago, Fratelli said:

Kyogo has without a doubt went down easily a couple of times, but the absolute frenzy of radio phone ins, comments from pundits on TV and countless opinion pieces have blown the whole thing way out of proportion, to the point that folks minds are made up and he has a set in stone reputation now. You saw it yesterday when he slipped in the first half, he didn't claim for anything and got up straight away but folk on here and Twitter were giving it the 'theres that pesky wee cheat trying to con the ref again' patter.

It's happened loads of times to loads of players, and Morelos has probably suffered from the same thing. From here on in Kyogo will always be snivelling con artist bringing that diving shite into Oor Game™ regardless of whether he's been fouled or not. He'll be booed at most grounds in the country and the default setting will be to assume he's at it again. It's not really a big deal and in some sense it's all just part of the pantomime (that i would probably partake in if he was an opposition player) but it is interesting to see how quickly the narrative around players and their personalities can form.

If you trace back to when these types of allegations started being made against Kyogo, there's probably an interesting conversation to be had but that's for another time. There's definitely a grain of truth in the idea that he spends a fair amount of time on the deck, although i'm not sure he's quite as cunning as folk make out, think the fact he has the build of a 12 year old and plays in Scottish football might have something to do with it too. 

He's a professional athlete who is probably fitter than most people,  not some frail wee lad.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

He's a professional athlete who is probably fitter than most people,  not some frail wee lad.

As are the people he's up against. He's considerably smaller and lighter than the defenders he's playing against generally. If he wasn't so good with his feet i'm sure a lot of our fans would be putting him in the 'too lightweight, needs to bulk up' category alongside Mikey Johnston. 

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Spoken like someone who has never participated in any contact sports.

He’s about 10 stone wet through, just because he’s fit doesn’t mean he can take a hit from a 14/15 stone centre half and just walk away.

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He’s about 10 stone wet through, just because he’s fit doesn’t mean he can take a hit from a 14/15 stone centre half and just walk away.

Leave him alone, this is the only opportunity he gets to participate in a major cup final. 

28 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Bennett strikes me as more of a darts player tbh.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You may not have seen the raft of absolute howlers from VAR over the past two weeks in particular, but if you had you would not want that anywhere near our game.

I can only go on personal experience being at the games it's a bit surreal,even thou it takes a bit of time, there is more of an acceptance to it.
Celtic have had positives and Negatives on VAR decisions, the games in Europe are just a taste of what's coming it also feels more professional.
It's more about why they gave the decision rather than disagreeing with the decision.

Edited by wastecoatwilly