Chav destinations

4 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I was brought up in Leven, which was the Benidorm/ Blackpool destination of choice during the Glasgow Fair in the 1950s/ 1960s. A slightly upmarket version of Arbroath as we had putting greens and Johnny's Bingo. 

I've got an old postcard of Leven open air pool ..

There was apparently a sculpture of a car covered in shells on the esplanade- when did that go?

5 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

I was just away to post that. We had a family holiday there in the summer of 1986. The place was crawling with Glasgow neds.

It's also not too far from Sellafield. We were there just a few weeks after the Chernobyl disaster. I was convinced that we were about to suffer the same fate.

Ha......This place is now called Solway Holiday Village. The Tripadvisor reviews are........ehm ...........interesting. The first one I read said "You'd have more fun going to Chernobyl."

11 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

I was just away to post that. We had a family holiday there in the summer of 1986. The place was crawling with Glasgow neds.

It's also not too far from Sellafield. We were there just a few weeks after the Chernobyl disaster. I was convinced that we were about to suffer the same fate.

Went there in the 80's camping with a couple of pals as my mam was one of the volunteers on the trip to Siloth which was for poorer families from Greenock schemes. I remember there was a fight on the bus on the way down and  all the da's were pished on the journey. We had a blast doing our own thing and the weather was great. 

Remember the house just off the Prom that had a garden covered in seashells? You could go in and wander about looking at all the seashell windmills and the like. Disney for Fifers. 

Tour+Scotland+Leven+Shell+House.jpg

https://outsider-environments.blogspot.com/2009/09/william-r-bisset-shell-decorated-house.html

Edited by Newbornbairn

9 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Ha......This place is now called Solway Holiday Village. The Tripadvisor reviews are........ehm ...........interesting. The first one I read said "You'd have more fun going to Chernobyl."

Went there for a weekend a few years ago when the kids were wee.

Didn't actually mind it, the place had a certain kitsch charm about it. Wouldn't hurry back though 😄

Also got the highest ever score at their pub quiz apparently (I don't think the previous record was too formidable).

Edited by Lurkst

9 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Something actually popped up on my Facebook the other day advertising package holidays to Chernobyl from Glasgow. Something different I suppose 

16 hours ago, 101 said:

See also lying on the beach in Cancun when you could exactly the same sun tan far closer to home.

Southern Croatia seems to be this years destination for your Instagram wankers. Bet half of them can’t even pronounce Dubrovnik. 

Edited by Karpaty Lviv