Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

12 hours ago, welldaft said:

I am sure Ukraine will be able to play unless there is a massive ramp up and a full invasion. One does wonder however if players who play for Shaktar Donetsk would be available if they are part of the separate state / republic under Russian control. 

I may be miles out, but I hope the worst that happens is like Crimea Russia takes the small parts that are under Russian separatists and that is that. 

One thing is for sure at this rate the ROW would like to see Ukraine qualify for World Cup. To be fair I probably would if it was anyone except Scotland. Hope we keep the head and concentrate on our own game and getting to the play off final. 

They were first based in Kharkiv after the war started, then L’viv, and are now permanently based in Kyiv. 

Their last squad had one player based in Belgium, one in the Czech Republic, one in Hungary and one in Portugal and two each in Serie A and the English Premier League. The remaining 15 players all play domestically in Ukraine.

Going to be pretty difficult for them to cobble together a side. Even if they can only bring overseas based players it’ll be a pretty weakened team.

Though it does look like they have a further 11 overseas players who were called up in the last year including a keeper so maybe they can just about do it. 

On 14/02/2022 at 21:34, Captain Saintsible said:

Indeed

Only the feeble minded who lap up the MSM lies believe Russia will invade 

Worth quoting this again as one of the most pathetic takes ever seen on this forum.

I'd imagine the game will go ahead as planned as we are hosts, and if Ukraine had to forfeit then that would seem to be punishing them for being invaded, at a time when they should be as visible as possible in international contexts.  Whether Russia v Poland will happen is another question, particularly as Poland are neighbours to Ukraine and share historic links.  At best it'll likely be behind closed doors, but really there is no way Russia should be competing in the same competition as a country (Ukr) they are actively waging war against.

31 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I wonder what will happen...? 

It'll be interesting to see what they do. Apart from any Ukraine/ Russian international fixtures there will be the European Final in St Petersburg that'll likely get moved and i'd also expect that they'll need to do something about Gazprom being such a major sponsor...

On 14/02/2022 at 13:22, ArabianKnight said:

Russian won't invade Ukraine. Its not happening for many many reasons. Its all bluster. 

Just gonna have to beat Ukraine fair and square lads. 

On 14/02/2022 at 21:34, Captain Saintsible said:

Indeed

Only the feeble minded who lap up the MSM lies believe Russia will invade 

4B5937F0-01C3-4871-85B9-96564CA6C060.gif

The amount of strange people online crying about news company’s covering this and people being interested in what happens in this some take.

How dare people have interests and be talking about things other than people dying?

Thoughts obviously go out to those in danger and their loved ones but the idea that you can’t think about something you deeply care about being altered because other people are in a high risk situation is absolutely warped.

6 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
25 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:
It will be about the Champions League final. Playoff is a FIFA competition.

Playoffs are organised and hosted by UEFA are they not?

Yes, they are. It is one of the things being discussed.