Celtic v Motherwell 12/12/21

17 hours ago, bennett said:

Thoughts and prayers for that celtic players recovery.

giphy.gif

You must be monumentally thick to think landing on the base your spine from a jump would not be at least bit sore.

Anyway it is a strange one as I cant decide if the defenders gambling on him missing the header to take the ball which is pretty ballsy around your own box or he’s just leaving an arm/leg out to put him off. Or he just doesn’t really see our player at all.

Edited by gannonball

17 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

Joe Hart punching the ball outside the box.
Tony Watt being pulled down inside the box.
KVV getting booted by Joe Hart.

You don’t get any of them away to the OF.

That’s three more for my notebook @Jinky67. My notebook is fair filling up, against only one thing on my piece of paper. And it’s only been about three weeks since I started compiling the evidence for you.

You must be monumentally thick to think landing on the base your spine from a jump would not be at least bit sore.
Anyway it is a strange one as I cant decide if the defenders gambling on him missing the header to take the ball which is pretty ballsy around your own box or he’s just leaving an arm/leg out to put him off. Or he just doesn’t really see our player at all.

The one thing it definitely isn't is a booking.

4 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
32 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The one thing it definitely isn't is a booking.

I can see why the ref has, as he can be forgiven to think it was a cynical attempt to stop the player but yes I agree from the replays I don’t the player really meant anything.

12 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah it’s a shame we couldn’t have gotten an easier group that required less points to achieve 2nd place.

Borussia Dortmund got 9 points in the Champions League and finished 3rd in their group yet Atletico and Benfica qualified with less points.

Its the way European Football groups has worked for years.

52 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That’s three more for my notebook @Jinky67. My notebook is fair filling up, against only one thing on my piece of paper. And it’s only been about three weeks since I started compiling the evidence for you.

Im not exactly sure what list you are compiling but you clearly haven’t watched the highlights and the guy you have quoted is clearly at it. If you are going purely what idiots are saying on here then Forrest got stabbed off a Motherwell player and the ref carded every player on the pitch with an Irish sounding name if you want to add that to your book too.

Edited by gannonball

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The flag was up about 5/10 seconds before it?

Offside? they mentioned the flag on the commentary but assumed it was against Van Veen for the follow up? The commentary was laughably bad though so I can be forgiven for not really taking it in.

if someone was offside I stand corrected, I can't remember the phase of play leading up to it tbh.

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The flag was up about 5/10 seconds before it?

Not true, the offside was for the ball Watt played forward as he got brought down.  There is an argument that the ball was played first before the challenge so the decision was within the spectrum of legitimacy, but the flag didn’t go up until after the challenge.

I think it was a penalty.

Edited by ropy

7 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Offside? they mentioned the flag on the commentary but assumed it was against Van Veen for the follow up? The commentary was laughably bad though so I can be forgiven for not really taking it in.

if someone was offside I stand corrected, I can't remember the phase of play leading up to it tbh.

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

Not true, the offside was the ball Watt played forward as he got brought down.  There is an argument that the ball was played first before the challenge so the decision was within the spectrum of legitimacy, but the flag didn’t go up until after the challenge.

I think it was a penalty.

Nah it was for miles before it when the ball got lobbed in and CCV got a head on it. Think there was one or two offside iirc. Tbh I the ref in general was pretty shite for a game that didn’t really have much needle or controversy.

ETA - sorry it was a leg CCV scuffed it with but it was this 

image.jpg

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

It can’t be a penalty when an offside has been called. And didn’t KVV kick the ball away just as Hart tried to take a goal kick/free kick resulting in him putting his leg where the ball should have been? The Hart punch I need to see again.

Oh and if you haven’t noted the Mugabi tackle on Rogic it’s just further evidence you see what you want to see 

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Nah it was for miles before it when the ball got lobbed in and CCV got a head on it. Think there was one or two offside iirc. Tbh I the ref in general was pretty shite for a game that didn’t really have much needle or controversy.

ETA - sorry it was a leg CCV scuffed it with but it was this 

image.jpg

Take your pick on who is offside there haha.

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It can’t be a penalty when an offside has been called. And didn’t KVV kick the ball away just as Hart tried to take a goal kick/free kick resulting in him putting his leg where the ball should have been? The Hart punch I need to see again.

Oh and if you haven’t noted the Mugabi tackle on Rogic it’s just further evidence you see what you want to see 

Nah, that was a certain booking, as was Slattery's foul that the ref played advantage on, certainly more of a booking than his actual booking.

56 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It is a penalty as play hadn’t been stopped, or the flag put up at the time of the foul. Regardless of what KVV did, Hart wellied him. I can only give what I see and didn’t see any incident involving Mugabi and Rogic.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Im not exactly sure what list you are compiling but you clearly haven’t watched the highlights and the guy you have quoted is clearly at it. If you are going purely what idiots are saying on here then Forrest got stabbed off a Motherwell player and the ref carded every player on the pitch with an Irish sounding name if you want to add that to your book too.

This is purely between me and wee Jinky. He knows what I mean.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

:lol: