Sevco vs Dundee Hibernian

I burst out laughing when Hagi got awarded the sponsors man of the match. He may have looked more comfortably in the second half but he was rotten for the majority of the match.
I think we will struggle to add to the squad in the upcoming window unless we sell someone so I’d imagine any dealings will be done in the summer.
100% he was rotten first half and the MoM award was laughable. Most Rangers players were poor first half though.

He was definitely much better second half, but still nowhere near MoM.

TBH you'd have been hard pushed to pick one in blue.

I think you might lose a few in January and look to replace them. Hagi might actually be one of those.

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Think the "Hagi header" was actually Morelos. 

Thought the Rangers fans were a bit over the top at the Moore injury, booing a 16 year old getting taken off on a stretcher showed a lack of sensitivity.

Cheers, I wasn’t sure who it was really, although mixing him up with a player a completely different race takes some doing 😂

And aye, I think it was out of frustration where the perception was it was time wasting. Hopefully not a serious one.

30 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Here’s the wording from IFAB;

This has got videos to explain it all;

Goldson’s hand is in the position it is as a consequence of his movement, it’s down by his side as he counterbalances. Both decisions are the correct ones. 

Aberdeen fans last week, almost universally, admitting that our goal against St Johnstone should not have stood because of handball, after seeing proof. Rangers fans, almost universally, refuse to use the proof of their own eyes to admit something that everyone else can see. You do realise that admitting that it was a handball and Rangers got away with it won’t actually mean that Hearts now get a penalty?

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Aberdeen fans last week, almost universally, admitting that our goal against St Johnstone should not have stood because of handball, after seeing proof. Rangers fans, almost universally, refuse to use the proof of their own eyes to admit something that everyone else can see. You do realise that admitting that it was a handball and Rangers got away with it won’t actually mean that Hearts now get a penalty?

Tbh I would need to see it again before I comment on it.

Same with our chopped off goal.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He said sevco deservedly got the 3 points,the Arabs were very comfortable in that game outwith the penalty, they also hit the bar at the end very unlucky not to take a point back up the road.

We absolutely did deservedly get the 3 points. You then made up some claim about Rangers never once looked like scoring which I immediately proved to be rubbish.

You can acknowledge that Dundee Utd played whilst also accepting Rangers were the superior team.

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

In fairness, the handball rule is crystal clear in terms of a goal being scored after an attacker uses his arm. Deliberate or not, if it leads to a goal it is to be disallowed.

The Goldson one was not deliberate so could only be penalised if you consider the position of his arm to be making himself unnaturally bigger. I don’t think an arm hanging by your side could really be described as that.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Alan McLaren is a fucking imbecile.

He actually made me wish it was Alex Rae on commentary

Sorry, absolutely nothing could be that bad. I mean even a boot in the balls from a set of steelies is preferable to Alex Rae!

Edited by Tannadeechee

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Why would I admit something that isn’t true to placate other fans that don’t understand the laws of the game? 

There was an angle on Rangers TV where the boy’s arm is at 90 degrees to his body when the ball hits it. And it is the linesman who gave the penalty. Alan Mujr didn’t see the handball. Utd look to be in safe hands going forward though with some of those young players. None of them looked overawed or out of place.

53 minutes ago, AJF said:

We absolutely did deservedly get the 3 points. You then made up some claim about Rangers never once looked like scoring which I immediately proved to be rubbish.

You can acknowledge that Dundee Utd played whilst also accepting Rangers were the superior team.

There was nothing in the game,the first half was very flat, the second half was a bit better.
Sevco didn't do enough to win the game IMO, the chances you mentioned were half chances you couldn't complain if the Arabs had held on to a point.
Being the superior team is absolutely laughable M8. 

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There was nothing in the game,the first half was very flat, the second half was a bit better.
Sevco didn't do enough to win the game IMO, the chances you mentioned were half chances you couldn't complain if the Arabs had held on to a point.
Being the superior team is absolutely laughable M8. 

Brother Muir denied you a handball at Dingwall before you scored in ET but sees one here with time running out on newco. These are the margins that will likely see them over the line in May. 

Utd on were excellent today. Totally depleted and having to play a few young boys at Ibrox. 

I thought they did their team proud. 

We were fucking rotten. Missed Aribo desperately and Hagi was stinking. He's not had a good game since GVB arrived. 

Edited by KnightswoodVanBear

5 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Brother Muir denied you a handball at Dingwall before you scored in ET but sees one here with time running out on newco. These are the margins that will likely see them over the line in May. 

Yip, Allan Muir sees the ball hitting Charles-Cook arm and points to the corner flag, he knew sevco were shite today and gave them a helping hand.
Some fans call it unconscious bias.

I think on balance Rangers probably did deserve to win but could have had no complaints if we'd nicked a point. McMann's arm is behind his back at the penalty and I don't think was deliberate but the handball rule is such a nonsense now that it's no great surprise it was given. Hugely encouraging performance from the young guys generally though and not a fluke - the team are clearly well drilled and the young guys coming through are all very comfortable on the ball. Bodes well if we can develop them properly. Just need a centre forward to emerge amongst all these tidy midfielders.

FFS. Thread struggles to reach a page and a half pre- and during the match, we were cloggingly awful most of the game but got a handball penalty (fwiw it looked an easy decision for the linesman to give. Conspiracists please note it wasn’t Mr Muir), scored, and since then we’ve trebled the contributions on here from across the site.

I did kid myself it that it was going to be a cricket score listening to United’s problems and the fact they were fielding a lot of kids but I can’t say I saw any obvious weaknesses. They all acquitted themselves with aplomb.  A brief encounter but it seems something looks like it’s  going right with their in-house development. Maybe Courts, for all the snide ridicule about his corporate speak, is actually a decent manager. 

A jobbing 3 points in the bag for us and move on. St Mirren next? 

Unacceptable behaviour, those responsible deserve all they get when they get lifted.

DUNDEE UNITED players cowered in terror after their team bus was attacked as they left Ibrox following their match with Rangers today.

A window was shattered after thugs threw missiles at the coach as it waited in traffic.

It's thought no one was injured in the shocking incident which took place near a junction for the M8.

The Covid-hit Arabs lost 1-0 to a James Tavernier penalty - that puts Rangers seven points clear at the top of the league.

A source said: "The team had left Ibrox and were waiting at traffic lights when suddenly there was a smash.

"One of the windows was tanned after a few attackers, who looked like kids, chucked missiles at the coach.

"It was pretty scary for the guys inside but they got away OK."

Dundee United declined to comment while Police Scotland said the incident had not been reported to them.

Edited by bennett

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

Why would I admit something that isn’t true to placate other fans that don’t understand the laws of the game? 

I understand the laws perfectly. His hand position made his body unnaturally bigger. Do you understand biology?

Not picking on Rangers or United but watching Sportscene and they are both still taking the knee. When is this going to stop ? It was ridiculous to begin with but the fact it’s still going with the vast majority of Scottish clubs is cringe [emoji51] 
Hiya Malky, hiya pal