Rovers v Pars ..2nd Jan if COVID allows

The referee for the first game at Starks was pish aswell, the standard is so, so bad. You'd think after a season the decisions would start to even themselves up. 

Ref has made a total rod for his own back fucking things up this early, every decision under the microscope. 

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Is David Munro one who's normally getting games at this level? His name isn't particularly familiar to me. 

From my notes:

David Munro...very bad news, 6 centers, 0-2-4 overall...0-0-2 at Starks Park. Form is LDDLLL. Top level ref who seems to hate us...just kidding, its always tough matches he calls. 4 yellows a match, few reds and some penalties.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

From my notes:

David Munro...very bad news, 6 centers, 0-2-4 overall...0-0-2 at Starks Park. Form is LDDLLL. Top level ref who seems to hate us...just kidding, its always tough matches he calls. 4 yellows a match, few reds and some penalties.

Well, he's done us a huge favour here. 

We've played the better football but we're really fortunate not to be a goal behind and a man down. Benedictus needs taken off - he's one daft moment away from getting sent off after being very fortunate not to have been given his marching orders already. 

Williamson and Stanton have been brilliant so far - both have come in and are immediately looking for the ball and excellent in helping us get up the pitch. On the back of that, Poplatnik and Varion are both looking a handful. Need more of the same going forward, and just one change at the back to make sure we don't get put into a position where we're up against it with ten men for the umpteenth time this season. 

We've looked better, but that was a pretty low bar to clear. We've not created a huge amount at all, but we probably have had a bit more control, which is primarily what I was looking for. 

I don't think Poplatnik and Varian up front has yielded the kind of dividends McGlynn would want. It's like we're playing two standalone strikers rather than a strike partnership, if that makes sense. Matej does look very clever in fits and starts though, and you'd hope they could get some combinations going, given enough time. 

The Pars look like they might get some joy on the break. Certainly the best chance came from running in behind. 

The decision not to send off Benedictus is clearly the major talking point. It was such an obvious "I don't want to send someone off" bottling. I don't know if he thinks Lawless has gone down too easy or something like that, but he's given the foul, so he's got to follow it up. A massive, massive let off.