Rovers v Pars ..2nd Jan if COVID allows

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I disagree. I don't think there's much that Spencer would've given us there that Stanton didn't. Stanton solves that conundrum. 

We can take a lot of optimism from that. It's the second of January and the midfield, that had two gaping holes, looks like it's already as good as you could reasonably expect. 

Berra coming back in should bring the defence back up to scratch too.  

Which just leaves the front line. McGlynn has 29 days to find a magic bullet there, because I think we can safely say it's not going to come from the existing squad. 

Unless Zanatta recovers his early season form. But, agree, it’s more likely to come from elsewhere 

4 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Unless Zanatta recovers his early season form. But, agree, it’s more likely to come from elsewhere 

It's as much about getting him on the ball in dangerous positions... haven't gotten close to doing so lately. Albeit today that was him not exactly playing to his strengths.

Just now, renton said:

It's as much about getting him on the ball in dangerous positions... haven't gotten close to doing so lately. Albeit today that was him not exactly playing to his strengths.

We'll never do that if we use him as a centre forward. The end of the game today was brutal for the most part - after the subs came on we ran out of ideas. A load of crosses into the box for Mark Connolly to mop up. 

On the plus side Stanton looks a player and Williamson looks like he will fit in nicely. Up front is a problem. Varian may win flick ons, may put himself about but I want a striker that will put the ball in the net. Poplatnik can stay on the side lines. We also need to work on crosses into the box. 

I notice this thread was all Rovers fans before the game and all Rovers fans after the game. 

We don't have much to discuss as Pars fans. Very boring times. 

Edited by Stoo61

32 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Away from the terrible game of football, absolutely shite that there was a restricted crowd in there today. Hopefully  we’ll all get back to grounds soon

It's not as if there were social distancing it's a total farce just political posturing. 

26 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

I notice this thread was all Rovers fans before the game and all Rovers fans after the game. 

We don't have much to discuss as Pars fans. Very boring times. 

There was the £14/£12 chat but that quickly dried up.

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Haven’t beaten the Pars this season, but who cares when the table looks like this. 

7ABEF7FB-7577-44F6-8B65-501E76D15489.jpeg

If I was trying to mount a title challenge I'd certainly give a f**k that we haven't beaten one of the worst team in three attempts, particularly when they were managed by Peter Grant. 

Different mentalities though. 

I genuinely do not give one f**k about Raith’s position. No-one in the Pars support does.

And I’d be more worried about the fact Raith’s best team in about 20-odd years can’t beat one of the worst Dunfermline teams post-80s. That team is League 1 standard and you’ve never looked like winning each of the three games we’ve played against each other.

Having a striker who was a goal threat would be nice, but we were doing okay without one for ages. Ross, Zanatta and Connolly all chipping in. The big miss in midfield seems to have been Spencer. Tait is gone now too and he was good for a few assists and the odd goal. 

When will Spencer be back? He was helping out with Raith TV today and he was talking about his injury but I missed when he would be back.

We were winning a lot of games by one goal and drawing other games in low scoring draws. That was seeing us through based on a solid defence but now the goals have dried up. It’s not just goals, it’s the lack of decent moves and chances. We are clunky and disjointed and poor to watch at the moment, presumably down to injuries and suspensions.

Hopefully once Berra is back to give the defence some shape and the two new midfielders bed in we’ll get back to winning ways.

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I genuinely do not give one f**k about Raith’s position. No-one in the Pars support does.

And I’d be more worried about the fact Raith’s best team in about 20-odd years can’t beat one of the worst Dunfermline teams post-80s. That team is League 1 standard and you’ve never looked like winning each of the three games we’ve played against each other.

f**k man, we're only trying to keep ya in the league 😉😆😆

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I enjoy seeing that Pars have been bent over again. 0-3 against Arbroath wasn’t it?

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If I was trying to mount a title challenge I'd certainly give a f**k that we haven't beaten one of the worst team in three attempts, particularly when they were managed by Peter Grant. 

Different mentalities though. 

You're not the worst team plus raising your game against a better team etc.

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Haha. Trying too hard to be not bothered.
And yeah, we’re sitting 4 points off the top of the league. The results against the Pars are obviously our main concern. 

Granted the last 3 games have been viewed via a stream at my end I thought we looked a good bit better today than against Partick and Ayr. The worrying thing is Dunfermline looked absolutely chronic and we didn't beat them. Dunfermline must be raising their game against their better neighbours, pesky Townie hoors. 

12 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

When will Spencer be back? He was helping out with Raith TV today and he was talking about his injury but I missed when he would be back.

When he was getting interviewed doing the 50-50 draw he was saying 3-4 weeks, but he doesn't want to rush it.