Rovers v Pars ..2nd Jan if COVID allows

Pretty dreadful game of football. Thought we were the better footballing side but didn’t create enough to win the game, so a point was fair. At least Arbroath and Inverness drew. On the plus side, Berra is now back and Williamson and Stanton look class. Just need a decent striker and we can definitely challenge. 

What an utterly dreadful game of football. No quality in the final third whatsoever, from either side. 

I don't know how much of the ball we had, or how many more passes we completed, but converting that into zero chances is abysmal. 

We need a gameplan for when we're the better side. We can play on the break and create against the better sides in the division, but we've got nothing when teams give us the ball and ask us to do something. 

Stanton was undoubtedly the man of the match, and Williamson showed more than enough to suggest he'll be a decent addition to the squad, but if anything that just further highlights our deficiencies up front. 

With a solid midfield behind them, Poplatnik, Varian, Zanatta, Ross and Connolly failed to carve out a single chance for themselves or a colleague. Brutal. 

We'll be a better footballing side if we have Stanton and Williamson on the pitch for a full 90 minutes. Tait leaving won't be too bad if those two play every game like they did today. We played plenty of passing football today but we had zero end product. After the subs, we resorted to hoofing crosses into the area for Connolly to mop up - you're never going to win a match doing that. Ideally, we'll move ahead and bring in another option up top. To take 3 points from 9 from this Pars team is pretty embarrassing. We've only created a limited number of chances in those games too. 

We are at the very least, a quality striker away from being serious contenders and today backed that up. 

That Dunfermline team could easily be relegated, and to take 3 points from them out if 9 is an absolute disgrace to be honest.  

3 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Pretty dreadful game of football. Thought we were the better footballing side but didn’t create enough to win the game, so a point was fair. At least Arbroath and Inverness drew. On the plus side, Berra is now back and Williamson and Stanton look class. Just need a decent striker and we can definitely challenge. 

Challenge???  Aye for a play off spot

We drastically need someone up top to offer something else. We have zero threat so defenders don't have to worry about Varian or Poplatnik as they know that won't really trouble them.

Stanton and Williamson will both improve us but it's almost pointless if we don't have a striker who can actually score. Teams know that now.

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Challenge???  Aye for a play off spot

We are 4 points off the top of the league at the very worst. Folk were panicking about our midfield once Tait went. On todays showing, Stanton and Williamson will cover that. We’ll have Berra back. We’re missing a finisher up front but if we can find that we can absolutely challenge. Which was my point. Obviously if we don’t, then it’s a play off

That was pish.  I’d have rather not won a place on the ballot to be there if I’d known that was what I was going to watch.

On the plus side Berra should walk back into the team and that should help us look way more solid at the back.  But we struggle to create anything, always need to try one extra needless pass or flick for no reason.

Without an absolute incredible signing there’s no way we’re winning the league. 

Need far more urgency  and quality upfront it will be without doubt our downfall.  I really hope Mcglynn has something lined up because Stevie Wonder can see what's happening. 

I also have to say all season our corners and set pieces in general gave been shocking. 

Just now, Ding Dang Doo said:

We drastically need someone up top to offer something else. We have zero threat so defenders don't have to worry about Varian or Poplatnik as they know that won't really trouble them.

Stanton and Williamson will both improve us but it's almost pointless if we don't have a striker who can actually score. Teams know that now.

Irony is Poplatnik needs to hit that in the first half. He's held off the defender and made the space. So long as he gets it on target Fon Williams will struggle to hold it, so possibly get a corner or spills in the path of Varian.

The only saving grace is that I had 4 cans of Brewdog and a large Cragganmore during the game, that was the only thing to keep me going, was sorely tempted to play Candy Crush on my phone at times, not the greatest game ever.............

....we need a clinical striker and sharpish