Rovers v Pars ..2nd Jan if COVID allows

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Happy New year to you too. Twat. 

Nice personal abuse.

We kept a clean sheet so how you could describe that as ‘utterly clueless’ is beyond me.  It was disappointing, particularly going forward, but it’s a point and we lost no ground on top spot. The mentality that seems to enjoy defeats and disappointments more than wins is a very strange one. Enjoy 2022

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Folk go on about missing a finisher, but we aren't even creating anything for our forwards to miss. 

There was a passage of play around the 70th minute that summed that up. It was just before Ross put his free kick narrowly over. 

Ross had the ball, 30 yards out and in the middle of the pitch. Absolutely no options open - Varian about fifteen yards away from where he should be and no sign of Zanatta either. Naturally the opening came and went; itvwas Absolutely crying out for a through ball but there were no takers. 

We need to also be making the right runs and getting into the right areas. 

2 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Spencer is key

Stanton and Williamson did well today.  We over played a lot though. Shouldn't have taken off Poplatnik. 

Really, we only need one of Poplatnik and Varian if starting two strikers. Desperately need someone who is more a penalty box striker.

Folk go on about missing a finisher, but we aren't even creating anything for our forwards to miss. 
I would say that's an issue with not having any threat though. Teams know we don't have a finisher so can look to close our better midfielders down such as Ross. When Poplatnik had that chance in first half I don't even think Rovers fans thought he'd score.

If we have an actual threat then chances will come by defenders having to be occupied by him more.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Most dissapointing thing about this is that there is an element of our support who will genuinely take joy from this side struggling.

It’s weird isn’t it? They are crawling back out of the woodwork because we’ve not won in 3. Folk who were predicting relegation at the start of the season, now waiting to jump on any blip. So odd. 

And now it's on to the capital of the Highlands on Saturday where we must have the worst league record in Scotland. No goals in weeks. Very few shots on goal in weeks.

Looking forward to a Rovers win. That's usually how it works in fitba'🥴

4 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Nice personal abuse.

We kept a clean sheet so how you could describe that as ‘utterly clueless’ is beyond me.  It was disappointing, particularly going forward, but it’s a point and we lost no ground on top spot. The mentality that seems to enjoy defeats and disappointments more than wins is a very strange one. Enjoy 2022

If it continues the same way as we've finished 2021 there won't be much to enjoy that's for sure. 

Let's not pretend the defence were solid. Both Benedictus, who should've been sent off, and Lang were caught out badly in the first half. 

Berra will help in that regard but we've only scored one goal, a penalty, since we beat Falkirk in the cup. That's atrocious by any standard. 

Really frustrating that we've just faded away so badly. 

1 minute ago, pantene proV said:

Spencer is key

I disagree. I don't think there's much that Spencer would've given us there that Stanton didn't. Stanton solves that conundrum. 

We can take a lot of optimism from that. It's the second of January and the midfield, that had two gaping holes, looks like it's already as good as you could reasonably expect. 

Berra coming back in should bring the defence back up to scratch too.  

Which just leaves the front line. McGlynn has 29 days to find a magic bullet there, because I think we can safely say it's not going to come from the existing squad. 

Dunfermline went for damage limitation close down , press and limit our time on the ball which took away any threat they had apart from the counter attack , Benny god knows how he stayed on the park 2 silly challenges the quicker Berra is back the better for me as we look more solid with him and Lang. Deserved point each as we created nothing apart from tippy tappy passing and even with 2 up front did Fon Williams have a save to make can’t think of any in the whole game , We had a presence last season in Ugwu not really my cup of T however  he’s scored 6 I think for bottom of the league Morton three times the amount our 2 put together. I still think we are in a great position however we have hit a wee sticky patch at the moment but Williamson and Stanton look really good so hopefully John can get a decent forward in .

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If it continues the same way as we've finished 2021 there won't be much to enjoy that's for sure. 

Let's not pretend the defence were solid. Both Benedictus, who should've been sent off, and Lang were caught out badly in the first half. 

Berra will help in that regard but we've only scored one goal, a penalty, since we beat Falkirk in the cup. That's atrocious by any standard. 

Really frustrating that we've just faded away so badly. 

If there’s not much to enjoy ahead then why bother. Give it up and get a new interest that gives you a bit of joy. Life’s honestly too short to persist with something that gives you so little pleasure.

Edited by roverthemoon

3 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

It’s weird isn’t it? They are crawling back out of the woodwork because we’ve not won in 3. Folk who were predicting relegation at the start of the season, now waiting to jump on any blip. So odd. 

Crawling out of the woodwork? Yeah I've not posted since August right enough. 

Cracking match at Stamford Bridge though. 

If you've got Sky, switch it on. Football at its best. 

Well that wasn't really the Golden Ticket for the lucky 500 was it? A game that was bogged down in midfield with neither team having much clue going forward. Thought Stanton and Williamson looked good in midfield and that was encouraging but that game won't live long in the memoy.