Rovers v Pars ..2nd Jan if COVID allows

Aw naw!😲

A break oot of mutual regards and respect just to muddy the waters.

Ach well!

A Guid New Year to everyone irrespective of which club you support. Like every other year there will be winners and losers. Just wishing you all the best.

Edited by embow

41 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Away and lick Sturgeon’s arse if you think it’s ridiculous to suggest fans should be at the games. No evidence of the virus spreading in outdoor stadiums.

Even removing the political element of this, I’m genuinely baffled that this was your response to someone saying that football is better with fans and they hope fans return asap. I thought the Dunfermline board were the only people who thought it was better without fans.

😅..... seems to me YOU'RE the person introducing 'a political element' Callum. I agree outside contagion is rare.....its the enclosed spaces fans have to inhabit (I dont have a car)  en route to games...trains/buses which prove more problematic. Fingers crossed this variant follows the South African example and we're all back at games by February.

I suppose you could well be right given your expertise based on  the numbers that rock up in Lower Methil every other week.

Oh!

While I remember all the best for the rest of the season but things aren't looking awfully good for you guys. Really want you to stay in the seaside league. Few clubs fit the description better.😉

21 minutes ago, embow said:

I suppose you could well be right given your expertise based on  the numbers that rock up in Lower Methil every other week.

Oh!

While I remember all the best for the rest of the season but things aren't looking awfully good for you guys. Really want you to stay in the seaside league. Few clubs fit the description better.😉

All the best for you to mate but  , things at Methil not going great , but the club who are currently top of the championship are also a seaside team ? 😉  numbers ? Starks is hardly a sell out every week considering you are pushing for promotion to the premiership ? 😉

Edited by tazz1903
ADD

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

If I was trying to mount a title challenge I'd certainly give a f**k that we haven't beaten one of the worst team in three attempts, particularly when they were managed by Peter Grant. 

Different mentalities though. 

This is a fair point. If it was someone like Alloa with your points tally and we'd taken only 3 draws from 3 matches there would be plenty being said about it but because its Dunfermline there is definitely not the same level of scrutiny. 

In the end these dropped points could well cost us a play off spot.

18 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Or the three points we’ve gained against the Pars could win us the league. Time will tell. 

Never really gained points other than possibly the EEP draw.

Shared points perhaps?

Just a thought 🤔

10 minutes ago, embow said:

Never really gained points other than possibly the EEP draw.

Shared points perhaps?

Just a thought 🤔

Tend to look at all points won in this league as gained. Similarly, is it dropping points or failing to gain them. Although Hamilton at start of season definitely felt like actually dropping points. It’s all perspective and where folk put the emphasis.

Today can be looked at as failing to beat a poor Pars team and the third game in a winless run or as a clean sheet that stopped the rot after two defeats and where we didn’t lose ground on the top. We’ll only know the real impact in May. 

Aye, no getting away from that today, it was a woeful game of football and genuinely disappointing, however, if you want to take the glass half full approach, bear with me here, there was some stuff to be tentatively encouraged about from a Rovers persuasion. 

The Berra suspension is now done, and while we didn't get away with it against Ayr at least, we know his return is going to strengthen us there. 

Further forward, I thought we were okay in midfield today. Ben Williamson was good and Sam Stanton was even better. That area of the park has been a massive concern the last few weeks, and today I got the impression we might be okay going forward, until the next player's dreadful injury, but we'll deal with that at the time. 

Up front is where the last issue lies, and while I get the theory we're not creating any chances for whoever is up top, it's tricky when they're just running channels and dropping deep and challenging for headers 35 yards from goal. 

That chance in the first half where Poplatnik was through but decided to square it summed it up. Aye, it was a difficult angle, but if you're a half decent forward then you take that on and hope for the best, Matej's first instinct was to pass it to someone who was in a worse position than him. I still think he carries a better goal threat than Varian, but that's the lowest of low bars. 

As good as we've been this season, I think we've been pretty lucky.

I appreciate we've now got a few players out through injury, but the amount of games we've won this season because Dario Zanatta has pinged something in from 25 yards is extraordinary, and it was never going to be sustainable. We were always needing a plan B, probably since the start of the season, but it's become far more essential now. 

If we could get a proper focal point up front, one that is hard working and maybe score some goals, then yes, I think we can still challenge this season, but goodness knows where we find one.

I've been through the Premiership first team squads and don't necessarily see anyone who is realistic and available. We'll probably bring Lee Erwin, whose only attribute is looking funny while being punched by Bilel Moshni, unless there's someone from England we can bring up the road. 

Was McGlynn not at a Newcastle under-23 game recently? Bring Duncan Ferguson's laddie to Stark's, that family is still due us from the Jock McStay debacle. 

As for Dunfermline, they're bad, but maybe not quite bad enough to go down. Maybe. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

Not much to add in terms of the quality of the match. What I found most frustrating was the reluctance/inability of Tumilty and especially Dick to hit the bye-line. Every cross was being swung in from 25-30 yards out and was easy to mop up for the Pars defence.

Dick had numerous chances to keep driving into the space and get to the line but didn’t. Total lack of variation.

Aye, no getting away from that today, it was a woeful game of football and genuinely disappointing, however, if you want to take the glass half full approach, bear with me here, there was some stuff to be tentatively encouraged about from a Rovers persuasion. 
The Berra suspension is now done, and while we didn't get away with it against Ayr at least, we know his return is going to strengthen us there. 
Further forward, I thought we were okay in midfield today. Ben Williamson was good and Sam Stanton was even better. That area of the park has been a massive concern the last few weeks, and today I got the impression we might be okay going forward, until the next player's dreadful injury, but we'll deal with that at the time. 
Up front is where the last issue lies, and while I get the theory we're not creating any chances for whoever is up top, it's tricky when they're just running channels and dropping deep and challenging for headers 35 yards from goal. 
That chance in the first half where Poplatnik was through but decided to square it summed it up. Aye, it was a difficult angle, but if you're a half decent forward then you take that on and hope for the best, Matej's first instinct was to pass it to someone who was in a worse position than him. I still think he carries a better goal threat than Varian, but that's the lowest of low bars. 
As good as we've been this season, I think we've been pretty lucky.
I appreciate we've now got a few players out through injury, but the amount of games we've won this season because Dario Zanatta has pinged something in from 25 yards is extraordinary, and it was never going to be sustainable. We were always needing a plan B, probably since the start of the season, but it's become far more essential now. 
If we could get a proper focal point up front, one that is hard working and maybe score some goals, then yes, I think we can still challenge this season, but goodness knows where we find one.
I've been through the Premiership first team squads and don't necessarily see anyone who is realistic and available. We'll probably bring Lee Erwin, whose only attribute is looking funny while being punched by Bilel Moshni, unless there's someone from England we can bring up the road. 
Was McGlynn not at a Newcastle under-23 game recently? Bring Duncan Ferguson's laddie to Stark's, that family is still due us from the Jock McStay debacle. 
As for Dunfermline, they're bad, but maybe not quite bad enough to go down. Maybe. 
Exactly what I was meaning earlier regarding our strikers not really carrying any threat. They are not making the runs and getting into the positions that cause defences problems and therefore our creative players can't really assist. A good striker who occupies a defender or two and makes them think will allow space for others to do their bit and ultimately you'll get the regards for it. Varian isn't any threat winning flick-ons at the half way line.

Nouble a few weeks ago caused Berra all sorts of problems that day and that created huge amounts of space for others in the Arbroath side to exploit. It's night and day compared to what we have up top.

11 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Not much to add in terms of the quality of the match. What I found most frustrating was the reluctance/inability of Tumilty and especially Dick to hit the bye-line. Every cross was being swung in from 25-30 yards out and was easy to mop up for the Pars defence.

Dick had numerous chances to keep driving into the space and get to the line but didn’t. Total lack of variation.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. A feature of our good attacking play has been full backs getting forward, especially Tumilty. Maybe it’s because we’re missing Berra so that leaves us more exposed in defence?